Backend Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
Bangalore, India /
Engineering – Infrastructure Engineering /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Team
At Confluent, the Developer Productivity team’s vision is to empower engineers to develop and deliver Confluent Platform into the cloud and on-premise with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive systems, automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
We are looking for experienced DevOps engineers to join the team, where you will have a direct impact on the entire engineering org by leading the design, build and test of critical systems leveraged by all engineers every day. Managing and operating CI/CD systems, Artefact management systems and common infra automation. Identifying and solving inefficiencies with tools to improve productivity. Defining standardised practices to champion great engineering culture across the company.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Strong software design and development skills
- Proficient in a major programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Go)
- Working knowledge of development systems such as Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in operating and automating complicated distributed systems (e.g. Jenkins, Semaphore, Jfrog Artifactory, Packer, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with configuration management, distributed testing and benchmarking / load generation systems
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)
- Working knowledge of database and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hbase, Voldemort, Vault, Espresso, Cassandra, Kafka)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.