Software Engineer, Developer Productivity
Bangalore, India /
Engineering – Platform Infrastructure /
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team
At Confluent, the Developer Productivity team’s vision is to empower engineers to develop and deliver Confluent Platform into the cloud and on-premise with the highest efficiency and quality. We are passionate about building comprehensive systems, automated tools and extensible frameworks that facilitate the entire development and release lifecycle.
We are looking for experienced DevOps engineers to join the team, where you will have a direct impact on the entire engineering org by leading the design, build and test of critical systems leveraged by all engineers every day. Managing and operating CI/CD systems, Artefact management systems and common infra automation. Identifying and solving inefficiencies with tools to improve productivity. Defining standardised practices to champion great engineering culture across the company.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Strong software design and development skills
- Proficient in a major programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Go)
- Working knowledge of development systems such as Git, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in operating and automating complicated distributed systems (e.g. Jenkins, Semaphore, Jfrog Artifactory, Packer, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with configuration management, distributed testing and benchmarking / load generation systems
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.)
- Working knowledge of database and messaging systems (MySql, PostgreSQL, Redis, Hbase, Voldemort, Vault, Espresso, Cassandra, Kafka)
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.