Technical Account Manager
Backed by Benchmark, Sequoia Capital, and Index Ventures, Confluent is one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley. Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka, Confluent provides a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams. In addition to our enterprise platform, we recently launched our cloud offering, Apache Kafka as a Service, which will allow companies of all sizes to leverage the power of streaming data. Join us on our mission to put a streaming platform at the heart of every company!
Confluent is looking for it's first Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Germany who will serve as the technical champion for our enterprise customers. In this role, you will function as the primary point of contact for all technical, product and support questions on a day-to-day basis and will coordinate with the various Confluent teams to ensure that Confluent team resources are leveraged efficiently to make your customers successful.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to build broad experience with Kafka, the Confluent Platform and work with a variety of organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. Throughout all of these interactions, you will build strong relationships with customers, ensure exemplary delivery standards, and have a lot of fun helping our customers build state-of-the-art streaming data infrastructure alongside colleagues who are widely recognized as leaders in this space.
A typical week at Confluent, in this role, may involve:
- Champion and advocate for the customer within Confluent - you will be the voice of the customer and will have to coordinate between Confluent’s Sales, Product, Services, Support and Training teams to drive customer success
- Developing and presenting periodical customer reviews to Confluent senior management
- When necessary, roll up your sleeves and dig in to help address customer issues alongside Confluent Support Engineers and Core Engineering
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments to assist Support Engineers and Professional Services teams in better serving your customers
- Leverage knowledge of your customers’ environments and use cases to influence the roadmap of Confluent products
- Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer leadership
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planningHelp to educate your accounts on best practices for using Confluent platform
- When necessary, recommend proactive measures to help customers avoid issues and to ensure customer success (e.g. professional services engagements, training sessions, on-site visits, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated success in Customer Success, Customer Support or Professional Services function for a product / SAAS company with enterprise customers
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Ability to learn new technology quickly, as well as a strong interest in doing so!
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with operating Linux, you know how to configure, tune and troubleshoot both RedHat & Debian based distributions
- Exceptional interpersonal communications capabilities demonstrated through a history of successful B2B infrastructure software development projects
- Project management experience, as you’ll need to be able to coordinate across various Confluent teams to ensure success for your accounts
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or an engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity in a fast-paced, deadline oriented startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and deliver results across multiple initiatives such as driving expansion, customer satisfaction, feature adoption, and retention
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to meet with your accounts
- Previous experience helping customers build solutions that use Apache Kafka alongside Hadoop, relational and NoSQL databases, message queues, and related products (plus)
- Prior experience working for a technology startup (plus)
- Proficiency in Java (plus)
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we’re looking for:
Smart, humble and empathetic
Hard working, you get things done
Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.