Sales Development Representative, New Grad
Palo Alto, California
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures to recently invest a combined $125 million in our Series D financing. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work in their career. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be part of our entry-level program in our enterprise-sales organization. You will be responsible for qualifying sales opportunities for the Confluent sales team.
This position lays the foundation for a successful high-tech sales career with a clear growth path within Confluent for the right candidate willing to learn, work hard, and succeed.
Our office is in downtown Palo Alto - directly across the street from CalTrain.
What You'll Do
- Work with top enterprise and commercial accounts in North America
- Qualify & convert inbound leads into opportunities for our sales teams
- Participate in weekly sales training & enablement sessions
- Meet/Exceed quarterly qualified leads quota to ensure pipeline objectives
What Gives You an Edge
- A desire to grow and advance a career in sales
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Highly driven, intelligent, motivated and coachable
- Bachelor's degree required