Sales Development Representative - Sydney
Sydney, Australia /
Growth & Marketing – Sales Development /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for the Confluent sales team. We have both Inbound SDR and Outbound SDR roles available. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a clear career growth path within Confluent for the right candidate that is willing to learn, work hard, and succeed.
Our office will be located in Sydney.
What You'll Do:
- Inbound SDR’s will qualify leads and set up qualified meetings for our sales team
- Outbound SDR’s will be prospecting targeting strategic accounts to secure meetings
- Collaborate closely with Field Sales and Inside Sales teams
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our lead qualification and pipeline creation process
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions
- Meet/Exceed quarterly qualified leads quota to ensure pipeline objectives
What Gives You An Edge:
- Passion for sales
- Competitive team player
- Enterprise technology aptitude
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of daily outbound calling while maintaining a positive and energetic persona
- History of over-achievement
- Background using CRM and sales engagement applications
- Degree required
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.