Sales Development Representative - Enterprise
Mountain View, California /
Growth & Marketing – Sales Development /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
As an Enterprise Sales Development Representative (ESDR), you will be responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities in Strategic and Enterprise accounts for the Confluent Enterprise Sales team. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a clear career growth path in Enterprise Sales within Confluent for the right candidate that is willing to learn, work hard, and succeed.
Our office is in Mountain View - directly across the street from CalTrain.
What You'll Do:
- As an Enterprise Sales Development Representative, you will be prospecting into Strategic accounts to secure meetings, and to identify and qualify sales opportunities.
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders.
- Provide potential prospects with information about Confluent and our product value.
- Conduct conversations with decision makers from large Enterprise organizations.
- Collaborate closely with highly experienced and tenured Strategic and Enterprise Sales Account Executives and Regional Sales Directors.
- Learn, leverage and help evolve our opportunity qualification and pipeline creation process.
- Meet and exceed quarterly quota to ensure pipeline objectives, with the support of managers and team mates who are committed to your success.
- Join a structured Sales training program with clear milestones, and an established career progression plan for strong performers.
- Participate in regular Sales enablement sessions, learning from the best in the business, and helping you develop the skills to excel in a Sales career.
What Gives You An Edge:
- 9+ months of Sales experience, either in a Sales Development, Account Executive, Business Development, Customer Success or other related capacity
- Experience interacting with customers and prospects, doing discovery calls and identifying sales opportunities
- Passion for Sales and desire to excel
- Competitive team player
- An appetite to sell to technology decision makers
- Enterprise technology aptitude, open source technology knowledge is a plus
- Hard worker and willing to achieve a high volume of daily activities while maintaining a positive and energetic attitude
- Background using CRM and sales engagement applications
- Bachelors degree preferred or relevant work experience
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.