Security Analyst, Customer Trust
Remote, United States /
Engineering – Trust and Security /
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
The Trust and Security Customer Success and Sales Enablement Senior Analyst will be responsible for establishing trust and for supporting information security initiatives related to acquiring and maintaining customer relationships. With guidance from the team leadership, this individual will oversee the Information Security-focused customer risk assessments, contracting, and externally facing communications with customers. The individual in this role must have excellent communication and organizational skills to manage processes and liaise with various groups within the business. This position is a remote-based position.
What you will do:
- Maintain the security questionnaire repository used for answering customer questionnaires during third party risk management activities
- Maintain artifacts for customer third party risk management activities, including whitepapers and use of RFP tooling
- Ensure appropriate security documentation and guidance is available and current on Confluent’s websites
- Manage and coordinate customer audits and assessments Monitor and track Sales Field Feedback requests which may drive the development of security product or program enhancements
- Review, redline, and negotiate customer contracts regarding security related causes
- Support with Third Party security reviews as needed
- Perform research and analysis and keep current with information security, governance, and third party risk assessment knowledge and emerging technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 2-4 years experience in Information Security and Compliance
- Strong IT acumen and experience applying new technology to monitor and improve business processes
- Experience with a combination of the following: GDPR, ISAE 3400 and 3402, SSAE18, ISO 27001, HIPAA, HITRUST, FedRAMP, CSA, CIS, NIST, C5
- Additional highly desirable experience:
- Current Security CISSP, CISA, CISM, or equivalent certification completed or currently in progress
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR, ISAE 3400 and 3402, SSAE18, ISO 27001, HIPAA, HITRUST, FedRAMP, CSA, CIS, NIST, C5, and other regulatory standards
- Prior experience reviewing and negotiating security clauses within customer contracts a plus
- Able to understand general business concepts and apply them when communicating with diverse groups of people
- Interpersonal skills to work as a team member and as a liaison
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including work history, education, professional experience and location. This position has an annual estimated salary of $124,300 - $143,000 USD, an annual bonus, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and work location. In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click HERE.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.