Kafka Production Engineer- UK Remote Friendly
London, England /
Engineering – Infrastructure Engineering /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Team:
The next big goal for the company is to make it as easy as possible for anyone in the world to use Confluent’s products to build their next killer streaming application. To do that we need to offer Confluent’s products as a Platform as a Service (PaaS). In order for this product to be successful, we absolutely have to bring in world-class talent that is passionate about running large scale, multi-tenant distributed data systems for customers who expect a very high level of availability.
About the Role:
A KPE is a key member of the Kafka team at Confluent. You work closely with the team and other Confluent engineers to continuously build out and improve our PaaS offering. You will be part of the team responsible for key operational aspects (availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, disaster recovery) of our Kafka systems in production. If you love the hum of big data systems, think about how to make them run as smoothly as possible, and want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about the challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We're Looking For:
- Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations
- Familiarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems
- Experience building automation to operate large-scale data systems
- Solid experience working with large private or public clouds
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively in teams
- Excellent spoken / written communication
- Preferred proficiency with Python/Java, shell scripting, system diagnostic and automation tooling
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent
- Based anywhere in the UK with a right to work
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience operating Kafka at scale is a big plus
- Experience working with JVMs a plus
- Experience with systems performance a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.