Mountain View, California /
Engineering – Quality Engineering /
Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role:
As a Quality Engineer at Confluent, you will be working across the entire Confluent Platform helping to place our event streaming platform at the heart of every modern enterprise. You will enable us to deliver reliable and high-performance solutions to our customers, both on-premise and in the cloud. You will help develop innovative test strategies, build automation frameworks and tests, and act on behalf of our wide-ranging customer base.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience building and scaling automation frameworks
- Solid understanding of basic systems operations (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Strong object-oriented programming fundamentals
- Proficiency in Python, Java or C++
- Experience developing end-to-end test plans
- Experience working effectively across teams, including product development, product management, customer operations, and field teams
What Gives You An Edge:
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka is a plus
- Previous experience testing open-source products is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with distributed systems is a plus
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.