Senior Data Engineer
Waltham, MA /
Technology – Engineering /
At connectRN, we believe that nurses and nursing professionals are the heart of healthcare. Using our disruptive technology, our community of caregivers design their own work schedules, tap into new career opportunities and connect with a global network of clinicians. Our facility partners rely on us for on-demand access to reliable clinicians and a platform they can trust.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Analytics and Director of Engineering, you will be primarily responsible for building and maintaining our data warehouse, architecting our data stack, creating flexible datasets. You will thrive on autonomy, identify opportunities, and be passionate about taking our analytics capabilities to the next level through solid infrastructure. Additionally, as the second member of a centralized team, you will have a unique opportunity to own and implement solutions to address a diverse set of data challenges, which enable the democratization of high quality data throughout the organization.
- Business Intelligence (80%)
- Build and maintain cloud-based data warehousing environments, data processing pipelines, and data models that support needs across marketing, sales, product, finance and operations.
- Create and maintain reusable, flexible datasets for analysis, including rigorous QA and issue detection
- As time and interest allows, aid in dashboard development, metric frameworks, and statistical analyses
- Bonus points if experience w/ two-sided marketplace and A/B Testing
- Product Engineering (20%)
- Provide best practices on the product’s schema design, and help w/ the implementation of new tables, as appropriate.
- High level of accountability, comfort building expertise and the ability to independently execute against goals
- Some years of experience as a data engineer, leveraging technologies like DBT, AWS Redshift, S3, Athena, Lake Formation, Stitch, FiveTran or Snowflake
- Some years of experience with ELT and job scheduling or orchestration frameworks
- Expertise in schema design best practices
- Highly proficient in SQL and relational databases
- Defined quality assurance/documentation standards and methodologies, including automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Quicksight, PowerBI or Tableau
- Interest or experience with the following: Python and Git; an agile/scrum environment; Data Governance principles; Data Security Practices
- 100% Employer-sponsored benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D
- We’re currently remote but anticipate this role to collaborate from our Waltham HQ sometimes post-pandemic
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with matching
- Free gym on-site
- Free parking
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.