Senior Backend Engineer (Platform - Remote)
Park City, Utah (Remote) /
Connext is building the future of value transfer on the internet. We believe in the power of decentralized networks to transform finance and put value back into the hands of individuals. We think this becomes possible when everyday users can exchange value effortlessly between disparate cryptosystems. We're a small, technical team working at the confluence of distributed systems, game theory, and cryptography. We're funded by grants from the Ethereum Foundation and backed by some of the top investors in the space, including Polychain Capital, Consensys Ventures, 1kx, and others.
We're looking for a talented, self-driven Senior Backend Engineer who can help build the interoperability layer of Ethereum. In this role, you will have ownership over key parts of the Connext router and node stack, specifically around the backend infrastructure, including cache layers, databases, as well as deploying the infrastructure to the cloud and hooking into Continuous Integration pipelines. The ideal candidate has the ability and motivation to design highly concurrent, distributed backends to build a scalable, fully decentralized network.
This is a full time, 100% remote opportunity to work with talented crypto team members located all over the world!
- Design and maintain key improvements to the Connext codebases and protocols (NXTP, Vector).
- Take ownership over maintaining and improving large parts of our existing stack, with a particular focus on backend infrastructure.
- Participate in reviewing and accepting code contributions from open-source developers and community members.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to educate them on optimal design patterns for scaling our technology to millions of users.
- 6+ years of experience with highly performant, concurrent distributed systems.
- Extensive experience building and maintaining production systems at scale.
- Familiarity with Postgres and SQL.
- Familiarity with caching strategies such as write-through caching, and Redis or similar.
- Familiarity with queue architectures such as Kafka or similar.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Basic familiarity with Typescript.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A drive to be constantly learning - much of what we're working on is groundbreaking technology and requires having an investigative, growth mindset to succeed in.
- Basic experience with Ethereum development paradigms (Ethers, Hardhat, etc.).
- Experience with p2p networks and consensus systems.
- Extensive familiarity with Typescript.
- Familiarity with other systems languages such as Rust, Go, etc.
- Dev ops expertise (Kubernetes, Terraform etc.)
Please include your Github profile and any links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to make your mark on a quickly growing and impactful startup!
- Passionate colleagues and a very diverse, dynamic team
- Ability to work anywhere you want
- Competitive salary & ownership
- A monthly $250 Co-working or Home Office Stipend
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Off-sites that bring the whole team together several times a year
Connext is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.