Los Angeles, CA /
Full Time Remote
Our country is multicultural, but healthcare isn’t.
We’re changing that.
At ConsejoSano, we bring patient engagement to the next level through culturally-aligned content and technology that supports engagement at scale. We support health insurance companies, doctor’s offices, and employers by increasing patient engagement, lowering costs and producing better health outcomes for their members. As a team, we’re constantly pushing the envelope to solve any number of issues for our clients and their patients as they work to improve their own health. Our platform is used by our enterprise clients to enable patients to get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, and in the right way. We take pride in improving health outcomes through interacting with patients in revolutionary ways that are convenient to them and fit into their daily lives. With social determinants of health rapidly becoming an area of focus for our health care system, ConsejoSano strives to address these issues and leverage technology to scale our ability to help people live healthier lives.
ConsejoSano was launched in 2017 and is headquartered in the North Hollywood Arts District of Los Angeles County. Our team is comprised of nationally recognized serial entrepreneurs, clinicians, top notch sales and operations professionals; and an incredible team of care coordinators representing 25+ languages.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join our agile organization that is dedicated to delivering a high-quality product suite, ensuring that it meets and exceeds client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced and growing digital healthcare startup.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be innovating in an agile and collaborative environment. If you are passionate in building large scale distributed systems and thrive in a culture of ownership and curious to learn to expect more of you and others, then this is a good fit for you.
What you'll do
- Manage an engineering team with 15+ onsite and offshore engineersHire world-class engineering talent.
- Mentor and develop your engineers.
- Lead the technical strategy and partner with product, business, and operations stakeholders on roadmaps, timelines, and technical strategy.
- Partner with senior engineering leadership to set standards and technical vision.
- Manage projects in accordance with regulatory guidelines, apply appropriate processes and methodologies.
- Provide accurate estimations, schedules, issues, and dependencies to our cross teams and product managers.
- Provide input in the entire development cycle, from requirements, design, deployment to QA
- Hands on experience with sprint planning, quality and velocity metrics measurement etc.
- Ability to set up guidelines for engineering best practices and implement them in a measurable way (Code Reviews, Unit test Coverage), DoD etc
Skills you'll need to be successful in this role
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/engineering or related field
- 10 -15 years of professional experience in engineering with experience in technical innovation
- Minimum 5+ years of experience hiring, building a team and team management
- 5+ years of experience leading Ruby/Rails/Java engineering teams
- 5+ years of work experience with front-end/ back-end web development or related engineering roles
- Experience leading engineering teams in a growing startup is a plus
- Solid understanding of OOP principles, design patterns and SOLID principles
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Cloud computing, AWS Platform or GCP
- Experience building, scaling & monitoring infrastructure needed for SaaS based application and services.
- Experience with cloud-based platform scalability is a plus
- Proficiency with analytics tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience in building AI solutions, NLP and machine-learning is a plus
- Solid understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile environment using tools such as JIRA andConfluence
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and have a positive impact on the company, its culture and its products
- Strong knowledge software engineering principles in databases, site reliability, system design and performance of both backend and front end system
- Effective leadership, influencing, mentoring skills and ability to inspire team members
- Excellent communication skills, active listener, ability to adapt communication styles to different audiences
- Operates autonomously when faced with ambiguity and obstacles, in a fast-paced and resource restrained environment
Some of the great perks of working at ConsejoSano include
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year and eight annual holidays with two additional flex holidays
- Superb medical/dental/vision benefits with significant contributions toward covering all dependents
- Competitive salary and equity
- The ability to have a positive impact on people who need it most
- The support of a highly dedicated team focused on building the future of healthcare
This is a full-time position based in North Hollywood, CA. and will report to the Head of Product & Tech. While we are currently operating remotely, it is important for this person to be based in the Los Angeles area when it’s safe for us to return to the office.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
ConsejoSano is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.