Senior Software Engineer - Java
Los Angeles, CA /
Full Time Remote
Our country is multicultural, but healthcare isn’t.
We’re changing that.
At ConsejoSano, we bring patient engagement to the next level through culturally-aligned content and technology that supports engagement at scale. We support health insurance companies, doctor’s offices, and employers by increasing patient engagement, lowering costs and producing better health outcomes for their members. As a team, we’re constantly pushing the envelope to solve any number of issues for our clients and their patients as they work to improve their own health. Our platform is used by our enterprise clients to enable patients to get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, and in the right way. We take pride in improving health outcomes through interacting with patients in revolutionary ways that are convenient to them and fit into their daily lives. With social determinants of health rapidly becoming an area of focus for our health care system, ConsejoSano strives to address these issues and leverage technology to scale our ability to help people live healthier lives.
ConsejoSano was launched in 2017 and is headquartered in the North Hollywood Arts District of Los Angeles County. Our team is comprised of nationally recognized serial entrepreneurs, clinicians, top notch sales and operations professionals; and an incredible team of care coordinators representing 25+ languages.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our agile organization that is dedicated to delivering a high-quality product suite, ensuring that it meets and exceeds client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced and growing digital healthcare startup.
ConsejoSano offers a Patient Engagement Platform that offers patient navigation solutions for the Medicare/Medicaid population.
As a Software Engineer, you will be innovating in an agile and collaborative environment. If you are passionate in building large scale distributed systems and thrive in a culture of ownership and curious to learn to expect more of you and others, then this is a good fit for you.
What you'll do
- Design and implement well-integrated products
- Work closely with product managers to determine feasibility of product features
- Become an expert in technical aspects of our products
- Develop creative solutions and contribute to technical design documents
- Provide work estimates for proposed projects
- Perform hands-on software design and development in Java
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback
- Promote high quality, scalability, and timely completion of projects
- Work with cross functional teams, including Business, QA and Operations
Skills you'll need to be successful
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 10+ years of software development experience
- In-depth knowledge of Java, OO programming, and modern web applications built on distributed service architecture
- Expert level comfort in traversing the entire Java and Web stack: client-side through the persistence layer
- Experience with REST, JSON, Spring
- Experience with SQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Development experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
- Strong experience in implementing successful distributed, scalable, high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience with Design patterns
This is a full-time position based in North Hollywood, CA. and will report to the Head of Product & Tech. While we are currently operating remotely, it is important for this person to be based in the Los Angeles area when it’s safe for us to return to the office.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
ConsejoSano is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.