Los Angeles, CA /
Full Time Remote
Our country is multicultural, but healthcare isn’t.
We’re changing that.
At ConsejoSano, we bring patient engagement to the next level through culturally-aligned content and technology that supports engagement at scale. We support health insurance companies, doctor’s offices, and employers by increasing patient engagement, lowering costs and producing better health outcomes for their members. As a team, we’re constantly pushing the envelope to solve any number of issues for our clients and their patients as they work to improve their own health. Our platform is used by our enterprise clients to enable patients to get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, and in the right way. We take pride in improving health outcomes through interacting with patients in revolutionary ways that are convenient to them and fit into their daily lives. With social determinants of health rapidly becoming an area of focus for our health care system, ConsejoSano strives to address these issues and leverage technology to scale our ability to help people live healthier lives.
ConsejoSano was launched in 2017 and is headquartered in the North Hollywood Arts District of Los Angeles County. Our team is comprised of nationally recognized serial entrepreneurs, clinicians, top notch sales and operations professionals; and an incredible team of care coordinators representing 25+ languages.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our agile organization that is dedicated to delivering a high-quality product suite, ensuring that it meets and exceeds client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced and growing digital healthcare startup.
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. This role will report to the Head of Product & Tech. This is a contract position based in Los Angeles, CA.
What you'll do
- Migrate existing reports and dashboards to Looker
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using PostgreSQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Write complex queries and optimize for performance
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Must have experience with analytics tool: Tableau, Mode, Pentaho or Looker
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Dynamo.
- Preferred Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Solid understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Experience working in an Agile environment using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to operate on a small team in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change directions as priorities shift
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and have a positive impact on the company, its culture and its products
Some of the great perks of working at ConsejoSano include
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year and eight annual holidays with two additional flex holidays
- Superb medical/dental/vision benefits with significant contributions toward covering all dependents
- Competitive salary and equity
- The ability to have a positive impact on people who need it most
- The support of a highly dedicated team focused on building the future of healthcare
This is a full-time position based in North Hollywood, CA. and will report to the Head of Product & Tech. While we are currently operating remotely, it is important for this person to be based in the Los Angeles area when it’s safe for us to return to the office.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
ConsejoSano is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.