Vice President, Marketing
Los Angeles, CA /
Business Development /
Full Time Remote
Our country is multicultural, but healthcare isn’t.
We’re changing that.
At ConsejoSano, we bring patient engagement to the next level through culturally-aligned content and technology that supports engagement at scale. We support health insurance companies, doctor’s offices, and employers by increasing patient engagement, lowering costs and producing better health outcomes for their members. As a team, we’re constantly pushing the envelope to solve any number of issues for our clients and their patients as they work to improve their own health. Our platform is used by our enterprise clients to enable patients to get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, and in the right way. We take pride in improving health outcomes through interacting with patients in revolutionary ways that are convenient to them and fit into their daily lives. With social determinants of health rapidly becoming an area of focus for our health care system, ConsejoSano strives to address these issues and leverage technology to scale our ability to help people live healthier lives.
ConsejoSano was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in the North Hollywood Arts District of Los Angeles County. Our team is comprised of nationally recognized serial entrepreneurs, clinicians, top notch sales and operations professionals; and an incredible team of care coordinators representing 25+ languages.
As the first Marketing Leader at ConsejoSano, you will bring an accomplished, data-driven mindset with a minimum of 10 years to the team. The role requires proven success delivering high-impact demand generation strategies and programs at scale, in addition to the ability to manage both a team and projects to critical KPIs and timelines.
The VP of Marketing position is a highly strategic role within our organization and reports directly to the COO. If chosen for this role you will have significant visibility and interaction with other members of the ConsejoSano leadership team as well as cross-functionally. We are seeking an individual who shares our passion for improving healthcare, who’s able to work collaboratively with various teams in a fast-paced startup environment, and who’s able to get things done to ensure customer and company success are achieved.
We are developing a product that has changed, and will continue to improve, the lives of our users. We have assembled a team of passionate and intelligent individuals who genuinely enjoy coming to work each day. As we look to the next 18 to 24 months and beyond, we are excited to build out our platform and find an experienced and knowledgeable VP of Marketing that will be crucial in driving that vision.
What you'll do
- Bring an experienced background with proven success marketing to Health Plans (bonus points for Providers, Employers, or Pharma as well).
- Partnering with the COO to develop a strategy, build and manage a team to execute on a plan to significantly increase marketing’s contribution to the sales pipeline and reduce customer acquisition cost (CAC).
- Partner with sales enablement for competitive sales cycles, and decrease time to close.
- Ensure COO has a clear line of visibility into KPIs for executive dashboarding and predictable, accurate sales forecasts.
- Develop and oversee a marketing and demand generation calendar that supports the company’s market segments with demand generation programs that speak to our buyer personas and more efficiently move them through their buyer’s journey.
- Build and manage a team to consistently produce on-target leads on a monthly cadence to support ConsejoSano’s direct sales teams.
- Leverage existing content while identifying new content needed to move buyers through the buyer’s journey.
- Work hand-in-hand with Sales leadership to live up to the marketing and sales service level agreement and continually improve marketing programs via obtaining closed-loop feedback from Sales.
- Work with external marketing automation firms, PR, and advertising agencies to test, deploy, and measure new marketing programs and optimize the marketing ROI from these investments.
- Develop and manage a set of demand generation metrics that clearly demonstrate the impact marketing is having on increasing the sales pipeline and lower customer acquisition cost.
- Work with operations to understand and identify opportunities and deltas for continuous improvement and optimization.
- Align with sales to ensure a seamless prospect and customer experience from top of the funnel to customer onboarding and beyond.
- Develop a demand generation strategy that supports new product or market segment launches.
- Create a quarterly demand generation calendar that includes webinars, email nurture campaigns, content syndication, digital advertising and socialize it with sales leadership as well as their teams.
- Collaborate with the partnerships team to develop field marketing plans that maximize partnerships and establish new partnership channels when the opportunity presents itself.
- Analyze campaigns on a monthly basis and adjust program resources or capital to focus on the highest performing programs.
- Brainstorm with the marketing team and the business development representative teams to understand program messaging effectiveness.
- Relentlessly look for ways to innovate how paid, earned, and owned media is repurposed into valuable assets for demand creation and sales enablement.
- Work closely with Content and Product Marketing and ConsejoSano’s Customer Success team to identify and secure customer participation in demand generation programs.
Skills you need to be successful
- 10+ years of marketing experience in B2B, Enterprise level field marketing
- 5+ years managing, coaching, and mentoring integrated marketing teams
- Demonstrated ability to build highly effective working relationships with sales and marketing
- Proven success in collaborating with sales teams to execute on programs that had a quantifiable impact on the pipeline
- Fluent with marketing tools, including CRM (Salesforce) and marketing automation (Hubspot), ABM, in addition to other modern marketing automation technology that operationalizes the demand generation machine
- Proven experience managing a team of marketing, PR managers and demand generation specialists to significantly scale marketing’s contribution to an enterprise sales pipeline and increase sales velocity
- Process-focused, highly analytical and experienced in developing programs that demonstrate the effectiveness across the buyer and customer journey, with a focus on Demand Generation while seeking and leveraging synergies across entire marketing team’s programs and investments
- High energy, passionate, with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously skills with keen attention to details
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and SaaS experience with 7-10 years of B2B and growth company experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task while keeping priorities in check
- Experienced with search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO), paid media partnerships, paid email marketing, or have managed external contractors or agencies that specialize in these functions
- Ability to integrate across paid, earned, and owned to include thought leadership and event marketing to maximize results and ensure a seamless buyer experience
- Ability to align team resources to support sales in increasing customer acquisition and expansion opportunities across product lines
- ABM mindset with ability to generate “land and expand” campaigns with complex buying processes and personas.
- Excellent people and project management skills, strong attention to detail, and can meet deadlines and keep commitments
- Proactive approach to problem identification and solving, and can get to the root cause of any issues quickly
- Self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple, demanding initiatives concurrently
- Desire and ability to understand the markets ConsejoSano plays in as well as market evolution and unique complexities/challenges in digital health and wellbeing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated success executing creative, relevant campaigns
- Leverage client and user analytics and data to build compelling campaigns that drive awareness of ConsejoSano’s success and differentiation driving outcomes
- Client/install base marketing experience desired
- Insatiably curious and continuous learner
- Experience managing 3rd party, digital advertising firms to develop a comprehensive set of programs quarterly or annually.
- Highly fluent in all major business software applications and tools (e.g. SFDC, Hubspot, Microsoft Office, Content Management tools.)
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
ConsejoSano is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.