Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Los Angeles, CA /
Full Time Remote
Our country is multicultural, but healthcare isn’t.
We’re changing that.
At ConsejoSano, we bring patient engagement to the next level through culturally-aligned content and technology that supports engagement at scale. We support health insurance companies, doctor’s offices, and employers by increasing patient engagement, lowering costs and producing better health outcomes for their members. As a team, we’re constantly pushing the envelope to solve any number of issues for our clients and their patients as they work to improve their own health. Our platform is used by our enterprise clients to enable patients to get the right care, at the right time, in the right place, and in the right way. We take pride in improving health outcomes through interacting with patients in revolutionary ways that are convenient to them and fit into their daily lives. With social determinants of health rapidly becoming an area of focus for our health care system, ConsejoSano strives to address these issues and leverage technology to scale our ability to help people live healthier lives.
ConsejoSano was launched in 2017 and is headquartered in the North Hollywood Arts District of Los Angeles County. Our team is comprised of nationally recognized serial entrepreneurs, clinicians, top notch sales and operations professionals; and an incredible team of care coordinators representing 25+ languages.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our agile organization that is dedicated to delivering a high-quality product suite, ensuring that it meets and exceeds client expectations. This is an exciting opportunity for you to make your mark in a fast-paced and growing digital healthcare startup.
As a Software Engineer, you will be innovating in an agile and collaborative environment. If you are passionate in building large scale distributed systems and thrive in a culture of ownership and curious to learn to expect more of you and others, then this is a good fit for you.
What you'll do
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Proactively designing & implementing innovative applications using RoR & React
- Identify and solve bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Writing well-tested server-side and client-side code
- Participate in the code-review process
- Support with Scrum / Agile software development approach (e.g., sprint, standups, retros, planning, pointing, grooming, etc.)
Skills you'll need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering or equivalent
- 7-10 years of commercial experience with Ruby on Rails/React development
- Must be able to migrate Rails application into React
- Solid understanding of Ruby syntax and its nuances
- Solid understanding of OOP principles and design patterns
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and the ability to effectively use them during software development
- Good understanding of Rails code structuring and common Rails patterns
- Experience writing unit/integration tests
- Experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Solid understanding of version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- 5+ years of commercial experience with UI frameworks, libs, and technologies preferably React
- Experience with utilizing the latest JS features with TypeScript
- Experience working in an Agile environment using tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to operate on a small team in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change directions as priorities shift
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and have a positive impact on the company, its culture and its products
This is a full-time position based in North Hollywood, CA. and will report to the Head of Product & Tech. While we are currently operating remotely, it is important for this person to be based in the Los Angeles area when it’s safe for us to return to the office.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
ConsejoSano is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.