Paris Area, France /
R&D – Data Science /
Contentsquare is a digital experience analytics company dedicated to making the digital world more human through online experiences built on trust, privacy, and accessibility. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global team, representing more than 70 nationalities in offices across the world, including New York, London, Paris, Munich, San Francisco, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Singapore, and more.
We’ve been recognized by Frost & Sullivan as a Global Company of the Year, and by Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups. In July of 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B. But we’re not stopping there.
To reach our ambitious goals for the future, we will be nearly doubling the size of our global workforce in the next 2 years. Want to learn, innovate and contribute your unique perspective to an industry leader? Join the team dedicated to bringing more human analytics to the world!
Contentsquare’s vision is to help businesses give users of their digital platforms an experience they LOVE, ENJOY, DESIRE, SEEK, DESERVE. That’s why we want to build a suite of products that go beyond descriptive analytics: we want to deliver actionable insights and recommendations for businesses to improve their digital platform and allow an optimized experience for the users.
Our team of 18+ data scientists is at the heart of the process. We generate insights, recommendations, and personalisations from the unique dataset of user interactions and digital content collected from the most visited websites & apps worldwide (several billions of events per day). Our projects involve understanding user behaviors, modeling app/web content and layouts, automating UI/UX performance analysis, and characterizing e-commerce products. Our solutions leverage a large span of AI/ML sub-fields, including NLP and time-series forecasting.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Design, implement & evaluate new techniques and models to solve business problems using AI and Machine Learning
- Work closely with Product Managers, Data engineers, Designers, Front-end Engineers, and Data Analysts to deploy models and technical solutions seamlessly into our production system
- Build new tools to improve our data science pipeline from exploration to production
- Lead small/medium data science projects and participate in large-scale projects
- Contribute to the internal & external communication of the data science team by creating, blog articles, presentations and demos
- Attend some of the most prestigious Machine Learning conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, ICLR)
- File patents as an inventor for the original solutions you develop
- Masters in Machine Learning or related fields, with working proficiency in Math and Statistics
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
- Excellent programming skills in Python and experience in collaborating with other developers using Github or similar tools.
- Ability to translate business needs into data science requirements
- Experience in working with big data and industrializing ML algorithms
- Track record of exceptional achievements in ML: scientific publications in prestigious conferences and journals, blog articles, open source contributions, and so on.
- Experience adapting models to best use modern parallel environments (distributed systems, multicore SMP, GPU ...)
- Interest in functional programming and coding skills in C/C++, Scala, or Go
THE HIRING PROCESS
- A 30 minute call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partner, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 minute call with a Data Science Manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your technical proficiency in tackling data science projects and give you a taste of what you could be working on at Contentsquare
- A 90 minute video call or onsite interview to deconstruct the solutions you proposed in the remote exercise, test your knowledge of foundational data science concepts and evaluate your live coding skills
After each stage, the Talent Acquisition Partner will contact you to get your feedback and let you know if you will proceed to the next stage.
On average our process lasts 3-4 weeks!
Why you should join Contentsquare
- We’re humans first. We hire talented people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done
- We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits
- We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are some we’d like to highlight:
- Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and our annual kickoff trip on a global basis! You have the opportunity to interact with our global colleagues
- Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different)
- Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave
- Wellbeing allowance
- Home Office Allowance
- A Culture Crew in every country to organize regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours
- Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success
- We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. We welcome everyone to apply.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.