R&D – Data /
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
About the job:
As a Data Engineer, you will join a team of passionate and talented developers, designing and developing a new data architecture.
Do not hesitate to check on our YouTube video to see what it's like to work at ContentSquare!
We collect several billion events per day and query hundreds of terabytes in real-time.
What you’ll do:
▪ Designing efficient architectures to store and analyze petabytes of data.
▪ Led large-scale projects and mentor other developers.
▪ Implementing complex acquisition workflows.
▪ Thinking of smart data formats to serve the functionalities of the product, while minimizing the cost.
▪ Developing tools to help data scientists by using some open source technologies such as Scala, Go, Kafka, Spark, Akka, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch, etc.
What you will need to succeed:
▪ A minimum of 2-3 years of experience.
▪ Proficient in either Scala, Java or Go, and ideally several other backend languages.
▪ Practice or have an interest in functional programming and seek to develop your skills in Data engineering programming languages.
▪ Kafka, Akka, Spark, AWS… You have had the chance to discover or work with these big data technologies.
▪ Ideally, you have some experience with a wide range of databases and you are interested in streaming.
▪ Like to challenge yourself in developing distributed infrastructure in a real-time and data-intensive environment.
▪ You would like to share your skills and take part in technical choices.
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.