Software Engineer in Test (SET)
Paris Area, France
Product – Product Management
Contentsquare is a fast-growing startup founded in 2012 with the mission to improve digital experiences across the board. To do this, we developed an innovative SaaS solution that helps businesses understand how people are behaving on their digital platforms and how they can optimize the customer journey.
We love having a close relationship with our customers such as Walmart, Tiffany & Co, l’Occitane, Kering, L’Oréal, and more.
Since 2012 we have had 150% YOY growth and raised $60M in Jan 2019 to accelerate our international expansion with one goal: to become the leading Digital Experience Insights platform thanks to the infinite possibilities of AI.
With offices in Paris, London, New York, Munich and expanding throughout North America and Asia we have a great international team with tons of career opportunities, a unique environment with strong values, a fun atmosphere, a very exciting vision and culture!
The Test and Release Engineering team at Contentsquare is a multi-functional team comprising of SETs who works across the techno-functional perimeter. The main responsibility of a SET is to make sure the AUT is stretched to the fullest, often beyond its supposed limits to ensure coherence, stability and throughput. To make sure this process is scalable and reproducible, the SETs are a lot more than just testers. In addition to working with the others members of the R&D team, the SETs work closely with the other stakeholders like product management, customer success managers, sales, marketing etc. SETs help to build a safety net for Contentsquare’s solution while continuing to propagate best practices in the company.
As an SET, your main job will be to help accelerate the test automation process in your assigned team. You will be the go-to person for the developers and the product managers when it comes to software quality in your product perimeter. You will be the torchbearer for Contentsquare’s software QoS. You will be working alongside the other members of the Test Engineering team to help develop the existing test automation framework. You will design and formalise the acceptance tests which are required for the validation of the product. In a nutshell, you will be someone who understands the technology really fast, creates a toolset to facilitate automation for the smallest possible task, and can never accept NO as an answer.
- Learn how the Contentsquare solution works and get Contentsquare certified.
- You will work as a QA product owner, developing and maintaining a robust automation framework for your product perimeter.
- Using the KPIs we have implemented for measuring testing efforts, follow and improve the test strategy in your product perimeter.
- You will lead the QA process in the team, implementing QA best practices and improving on the existing testing practices.
- Formalise the test cases in our test case management software to ensure distributed presence of product and test knowledge.
- Develop and present new tools, techniques and processes for software automation.
- Enhance, maintain, and/or refactor existing automation.
- Provide validation and support for other cross team projects intersecting with your product perimeter.
- Provide feedback to various stakeholders to improve the processes, product, etc by the means of various communication processes and tools.
- Previous work experience as a software test engineer in a web environment (web services, frontend web applications).
- Previous experience of test automation and/or interests in automation frameworks (selenium, appium, robot framework, Cypress, etc).
- Previous experience of testing web applications across multiple environments (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Previous experience of working with CI servers (Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI, etc).Robust understanding of Relational and Non-relational databases.
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment.
- At ease with git and the command line.
- Previous experience of working with Docker or other containerisation technologies.
- Previous experience of working with AWS and microservice architecture.
- Previous experience of working with the ELK stack.
- Previous knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development.
- Previous experience of performance and/or load testing.
- Previous experience of agile testing.
- Ability to use existing tools to create complex and efficient automation toolsets.
- Comfortable interacting with a variety of stakeholders involved in the projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and functional stakeholders.
- Ability to move fast and fail faster.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, follow the deadlines and have a never give up attitude.
- Fluent English
If the above sounds like a great fit to you, then join us at ContentSquare and be a part of this awesome adventure, with tech teams that are as passionate as you are, cultivate knowledge sharing for team cohesion. Through Hackathons, and cross teams innovation days, we are committed to innovate tomorrow’s user experience.
You’ll also have: a choice of PC or Mac, flexible working hours, remote days; soccer, handball, yoga, and many other activities; after work beers provided every Friday, monthly parties…and a very friendly team! Join our adventure where together we go beyond ourselves and conquer the next big challenge!
Join our adventure where together we go beyond ourselves and conquer the next big challenge!