People Manager UK & Germany
London, United Kingdom
G&A – HR
Contentsquare is a fast-growing startup founded in 2012 with the mission to improve digital experiences across the board. To do this, we developed an innovative SaaS solution that helps businesses understand how people are behaving on their digital platforms and how they can optimize the customer journey.
We love having a close relationship with our customers such as Boohoo, Pretty Little Thing, Matches Fashion, Harvey Nichols, Sainsburys, and more.
Since 2012 we have had a 150% YOY growth and raised $60M in Jan 2019 to accelerate our international expansion with one goal: to be the leading Digital Experience Insights platform thanks to the infinite possibilities of AI.
With offices in Paris, London, New York, Munich and expanding throughout North America and Asia we have a great international team with tons of career opportunities, a unique environment with strong values, fun atmosphere, very exciting vision and culture!
Our employees are super important to us and as the People Manager of our UK & Germany operations, you’ll be focused on their success. You will serve as a strategic and trusted advisor to managers and team members from our London office. On a daily basis, you will lead and be involved in talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, talent development, payroll and attendance.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you have solid experience with HR practices and employee management. You have experience working with high-growth companies, preferably in digital and/or sales environments, and preferably you have worked in a high-trust environment. You are a known for being a very enthusiastic person with deep problem solver mindset. You are comfortable with ambiguity and with the high velocity of change that comes with the territory in high-growth companies. Above all, you believe that working hard to create a high-trust environment that works for both people and business is non-negotiable.
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact
- Offer insight, best practices and interview preparation to both candidates & hiring managers
- Partner with hiring teams to drive recruiting efforts, increase hiring efficiency, and improve our recruitment process.
- Source candidates from direct targeting, using all platforms, social networking, and employee referrals
- Manage relationships with agencies or sourcing platform, find the best way/tools to identify and attract candidates
- Go to events, job fairs and meet-ups to increase employer brand awareness + generate additional leadsGuide candidates through recruiting process, including pre-qualifying & interviewing candidates, and driving the offer & negotiation process
- Ensure an impressive candidate experience through communication & timely feedback, interviewer preparation, and an effective interview frame
- Be a strategic and trusted advisor to managers and employees on all things people related, including onboarding, employee engagement, benefits, employee relations and investigations, performance, career development, compensation, offboarding, etc
- Advise and support people leaders to address complex issues impacting the business
- Lead, support and/or facilitate organizational design, change management, employee communication and organizational effectiveness initiatives within a function
Support global programs
- Partner closely with Human Resources team members to implement programs and policies (compensation, performance reviews, talent development programs, training plan…)
- Conduct employee surveys and drive culture initiatives to enhance and maximize employee experience
- Produce reports and analyze people data to identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Partner with the Human Resources team members to help drive the development of the people strategy
- Build compliance into all we do, including maintaining in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, and reducing legal risk
- Direct and plan the day to day operations of the Company's benefits programs (health insurance, pension plan, …) with the support of our provider
With the support of the Office Manager, ensure the HR Back-Office runs smoothly
- Update employee documentation, onboarding, and termination paperwork, benefits, employment status, and similar records
- HRIS: update files constantly and ensure accurate data
- Payroll process: managing payroll supplier / providing payroll information / facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors / answering payroll questions
- VISA processes
Reasons why you should apply
- You are motivated by making an impact and helping build a function
- You have tenacity and drive
- You have a can-do, make it happen attitude
- You are known for your constant positive attitude
- You are outgoing and inquisitive
- You are a highly flexible problem solver, undaunted by ambiguity
- You make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, and/or employment law
- You are highly self-motivated but also play well with others
- You are both data-driven and empathetic
- You strive for simplicity, even for complex problems
- You are a great listener with strong influencing skills
- 5-8+ years progressive experience in HR roles, including as a generalist and/or business partner
- Proven success delivering recruiting results in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment and providing excellent candidate experiences
- Undergraduate degree required (preferably in HR or related field); advanced degree in HR preferred
- Strong knowledge of SaaS environment is a plus
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of labor legislation, market benefits, HR policies and trends
- Experience in conflict management or mediation
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practice
Join our adventure where together we go beyond ourselves and conquer the next big challenge!