Los Altos, CA
Contrast Security, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a member of Contrast’s accounting team, you will be responsible for supporting the quote to cash sales cycle including billings and collections. In this role, you will also be a key contributor to improved systems and automation for commissions calculations, reporting and payments. You can also expect to use your analytical talents to support ad-hoc reporting and analysis. Working from our Los Altos, CA headquarters, you will collaborate with colleagues throughout the company as a self-motivated team player, ready to roll up your sleeves.
- Interface with sales operations to support smooth order management process, driving accurate and timely bookings reporting
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate billings; own the collections process
- Support the full payment cycle of the company’s commissions process, including documentation, calculations, and interface to payroll; ensure timely and accurate commission payments
- Validate sales data for accuracy and consistency with guidelines as defined in compensation plans
- Interact with sales organization to address inquiries regarding sales and resulting commissions
- Participation in the month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries, month-end close schedule and reconciliations for balance sheet items
- Assist manager in the preparation of audit work schedules and support audit requests
- Maintain customer and reseller records, including accurate billing and shipping information
- Assist manager in preparation of income tax and sales tax reports
- Deliver ad-hoc projects and reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of hands on, full cycle quote-to-cash process
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices, and GAAP
- Solid understanding of the sales process with the ability to articulate information needed to support bookings, billings and related management reporting
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact across all levels of management and interface with vendors in a clear and professional manner
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Salesforce
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to model complex reconciliations, conveying results concisely and clearly
- Bonus Points for
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment
- Broader general ledger experience, ability to support balance sheet accounts beyond accounts receivable
- Experience reviewing customer contracts, strong understanding of GAAP revenue recognition principles
- Experience building reports based on commissions data
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.