Senior Customer Success Manager
Software applications have been the #1 source of successful data breaches over the last 8 years and cost companies an average $7.2 million per breach and untold damage to their reputations.
Contrast Security has built the only enterprise security product that knows where apps are weak and deploys adaptive defenses instantly. Our powerful and patented deep security instrumentation technology provides a fast, accurate and easy way to find and fix application vulnerabilities and block attacks instantly. Contrast’s agent easily installs onto any application server and finds vulnerabilities in minutes without the need for security experts, static or dynamic scans. Our products are a perfect fit with Agile, DevOps and even waterfall methodologies, and work seamlessly on premise, in the cloud and in containers.
We are seeking a proven, high-performing, and technically oriented Senior Customer Success Manager who is passionate about helping customers maximize the value of their Contrast subscription.
In this critical role, you will be responsible for quickly delivering results via effective customer onboarding, accelerating product adoption and license usage, minimizing customer churn, and influencing expansion by driving maximum value and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Contrast has closed deals with some of the largest companies in the world. Those companies in turn are developing some of the most sophisticated software applications in the world. Yet Contrast is very much a startup company and this person will need to be an entrepreneur at heart with a passionate desire to win.
About the Role
- Driving Customer Value
- Educate customers on the relevant use cases for Contrast and associated value proposition
- Understand customer’s business issues, desired business outcomes and recommend solutions based on Contrast’s best practices
- Ensure customers are adopting Contrast and receiving the anticipated results and value
- Work with Product Management to define and plan new features/capabilities that accelerate adoption and value realization
- Engage with customers via strategic and operational reviews to communicate Contrast value as well as to evaluate future needs and strategic direction
- Driving Contrast Value
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and value delivered
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Manage Customer Success Activities for Your Customers
- Customer intimacy: cultivate relationships with executives and key stakeholders to ensure a successful long-term business partnership. Become an expert on your customers’ deployment of Contrast.
- Onboard: deliver and communicate Contrast value to the initial app teams
- Adoption: help customers evangelize and roll out Contrast throughout their organization
- Advise: share best practices; recommend solutions to changing Customer requirements and emergent problems
- Contrast Business Reviews: communicate Contrast results and value; align on new objectives and plan going forward
- Escalation Management: liaise with engineering, product management and sales to quickly remedy accounts in red status
- Advocacy: develop and maintain Contrast advocates for references, case studies, etc.
- Project Management: Manage projects to a successful outcome and ensure appropriate communications with all relevant stakeholders takes place
- Prioritization: juggling multiple accounts and activities simultaneously with attention to detail
- Develop Expertise, Collaborate and Improve Shared Knowledge:
- Become an expert on Contrast Products. Leverage product knowledge and people skills to become customers’ trusted advisor.
- Synthesize learnings and contribute to Contrast best practices
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure expansion opportunities are identified and closed
- Five or more years of experience in post-sales customer delivery/engagement roles (customer success, consulting or technical account management)
- Technical background in application security, software development, or DevOps, (including hands-on coding experience)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain relationships with people on all levels of an organization (internally and externally)
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business model
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset. Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or better; preference for computer science or related degrees
- Proven experience in managing technical project implementations
- Experience working with large and complex enterprise accounts
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Ability to travel up to 33% of the time (home office must be driving distance from major airport)
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us!
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy is boring. If you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security!
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.