Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Everyone at Contrast plays a critical role, and we all want co-workers who want to be here. We’re looking for a unique pedigree in our SE candidates that is part developer, part consultant, two parts fierce-competitor.
Problem solving is one of the most important traits we need in our SE’s, including the ability to think on our feet. Sure, Contrast is really easy to deploy and work with, but every environment is different. The SE is a key link between Sales, Product Management and Engineering, so you need to be able to synthesize for executives, work with sales reps day-to-day, and communicate with engineers when necessary. Candidates need to have very strong backgrounds and comfort working in Linux and Windows, specifically the CLI and OS services/commands.
We’ll be honest, the road for an SE is filled with both successes and challenges, with plenty of bumps along the way. If you are a thrill seeker, have a positive outlook (your glass is always half-full), and want to come back to work every day regardless of how things went yesterday, then this might be the right role for you.
- Provide pre-sales assistance for sales opportunities to buyers, customers and partners. Including demonstrations, POV installations, troubleshooting and training of Contrast products. Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity.
- Understand / Educate / Evangelize the concept of continuous + real-time application security and the need for it.
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide reporting and feedback on customer accounts and field activities to Sales, Product Management and Engineering.
- Work closely with buyers in the process integration of Contrast products.
- Ability to navigate an evaluation to success for both clients and Contrast.
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Contrast solution.
- Develop technical materials for customers and other Sales Engineers.
- Document Sales Engineering processes.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant appsec usage within a corporate environment, which includes 3+ years software development experience with Java, .NET or Node.js, and 4+ years relevant appsec experience, including consulting or pre-sales at a competitor
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner
- 3+ years of enterprise sales engineering experience
- Set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of Contrast products and solutions.
- Understand and be conversant about Contrast’s competitors, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions, technologies, and processes including the following: Java, .NET, SDLC, Linux, Windows, Network architecture/implementation/configuration experience, packet flow, Development, Testing/QA, CI, Production, SAST, DAST, IAST, vulnerability remediation, Tomcat, Apache, WAFs, JIRA, Jenkins, general bug tracking and build systems
- Ability to code – not an expert – but must have some programming ability
- Specific application security experience is a plus
- DevOps with APM experience is a big plus
- Ability to travel 50%+, or as needed
What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- In-office Lunches
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR.
As a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA:
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.