Sales Engineer - SE Specialist
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Sales Engineer/ Technical Account Manager to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
Interested in taking your SE or TAM career to the next level? Want to be the technical face of a product in a hyper-growth market? Have experience doing complex Web Application Firewall (WAF) or Application Performance Monitoring (APM) deployments? Wish you had time to blog/ write more about your insights?
If the answer is yes, we want to talk to you!
This critical role will specifically drive the growth of our Runtime Application Self-Protection (RASP) business or, as we refer to it, the definitive tool that could have stopped the Equifax breach. We are looking for someone who is ready to build on their core SE skill-set; to dig in and be the field-based expert for customers and sales, share your feedback with Product/ Marketing, engineering and support and to blog/ write / speak at events.
Candidates need to have a deep technical background and comfort working in Linux and Windows, specifically the CLI and OS services/commands.
· Participate in sales calls, working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show competitive differentiation and Contrast value.
· Be THE subject matter expert.
· Provide product demonstrations and manage product evaluations, including post-sales installations, when necessary.
· Use your customer-centric sales skills to help drive revenue.
· Participate as a technical resource at trade shows and conferences.
· Serve as an extension of Contrast’s Product team, working independently as a vital member of the sales team.
· Collaborate with your colleagues to align on key business development strategies.
· Serve as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff.
· Align closely with prospects in the process integration of Contrast solutions.
· Contribute to SE/ TAM and technical selling best practices.
· B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience presenting, demonstrating and handling technical pre-sales engagements.
· Ability to present technical concepts in a simple and engaging way to technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
· Experience in one or more of the following markets or an equivalent: WAF, RASP, IDS, IPS, Cloud Security.
· Hands-on experience working with programming languages such as: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Python, etc.
· Experience with, or the ability to quickly learn, different IaaS / PaaS / cloud deployment modes (e.g., Azure, AWS, Pivotal, IBM BlueMix, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
· Strong experience with environment configurations at network, OS and application levels.
· Ability to navigate, map and deploy in complex Fortune 500 IT environments.
· Experience creating SE and deployment best practices.
· Familiar and comfortable in value selling or solution selling processes.
· Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
· Excellent project management skills.
· Ability to travel 50% of the time to work with prospects, participate at conferences or to visit Contrast offices.
· A strong interest in blogging/ writing/ presenting and becoming a technical thought leader in the industry.
· Experience with automation tools like puppet, ansible, and chef.
· Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools, DevOps tools; Apache/Nginx or other web server platforms and associated Application server technologies and frameworks.
Ability to lead by example through involvement in OWASP, ISSA, and other industry groups.
What We Offer
· Competitive compensation
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Flexible paid time off
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.