Product Marketing Intern - Paid
Los Altos, CA
Software applications have been the #1 source of successful data breaches over the last 8 years and cost companies an average $7.2 million per breach and untold damage to their reputations.
Contrast Security has built the only enterprise security product that knows where apps are weak and deploys adaptive defenses instantly. Our powerful and patented deep security instrumentation technology provides a fast, accurate and easy way to find and fix application vulnerabilities and block attacks instantly. Contrast’s agent easily installs onto any application server and finds vulnerabilities in less than 7 minutes without the need for security experts, static or dynamic scans. Our products are a perfect fit with Agile, DevOps and even waterfall methodologies, and work seamlessly on premise, in the cloud and in containers.
Contrast’s revolutionary approach to enterprise application security has won numerous industry accolades, including:
• Gartner “Visionary” Magic Quadrant Placement
• Forrester Wave: Application Security “Leader”
• InformationWeek’s Dark Reading "20 Security Startups to Watch" 2015
• 2016 OWASP Benchmark Project Best-in-class 93% true accuracy rating
• 2016 Cyber Defense Magazine "Best-of-Breed" in Application Security Solution
As a Product Marketing Intern, you will be part of the Product Strategy team for Contrast Security’s innovative enterprise application security solutions. You will craft the messaging for solutions targeted at protecting applications from hackers and data breaches. You'll conceive and develop content that helps communicate our value to customers, and enables our sales organization to effectively educate our prospects on our products and vision. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate highly technical feature sets into business value propositions is crucial. It also requires you to be a strategic thinker and have the business savvy to drive segment opportunity. In your role as a Product Marketing Intern you will be the expert on our buyer and influencer personas, and translate that knowledge into compelling content and sales tools.
This is a paid internship throughout the year.
- Product messaging – Create messaging that differentiates
- Product content – Author informative, persuasive content that can be delivered through multiple channels
- Sales and marketing enablement – Communicate our unique value proposition and differentiators to the sales team and develop tools & marketing material that support the selling process
- Partner closely with Corporate Marketing team to support and represent Contrast at industry and company events.
- Market intelligence – Be the expert on your buyers and their buying process, as well as how to crush the competition
- Customer pulse – Help identify customer requirements and, working with Product Management, define product strategy
- Working towards MBA or Masters degree in Marketing, Engineering Management, Computer Engineering
- Able to work from our Los Altos, CA office at least 2-3 days per week in 2+ hour increments
- Familiarity with product marketing, product management, or corporate marketing roles & responsibilities
- Familiarity & interest in the following themes: cyber security, agile development, information security, Devops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for learning & attention to detail
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.