Full Stack Engineer
Most job descriptions fail to give you a really good sense of what it's like to work for a growing startup and a high-performing team. We've put together some notes here which will tell you and show you a little bit about our experience. Our goal with this job description is to share more and more about the Contrast experience.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member of the team has joined us over our short 4 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the startup experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
We are a growing group of engineers, designers, product managers and support engineers. This particular team is our largest with 8 developers and 2 UX/Designers.
- Work hand-in-hand with our Product Managers, UX/Designers and Customers on each feature and improvement.
- Own the technical design, implementation and quality engineering of our full stack application and Lambda services.
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews and pull requests prior to commit.
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- On-call rotation: every member of the team, including the VP of Engineering participates in the on-call rotation.
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customer have issues, we have to jump in and give them help.
- You are a Java expert with a strong understanding of Spring, MySQL, Linux, Apache ActiveMQ and are comfortable working with Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Experience with TypeScript, GraphQL,
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook, etc...
- Interest to work with newer technologies such Apache Kafka and AWS Lambda
- Interest and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes as well as Vagrant and Ansible
- AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You see the big picture. You understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Daily in-office lunches
If you're amazing but missing some of these, email us your résumé and cover letter anyway. Please include a link to your Github or BitBucket account, as well as any links to some of your projects if available.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.