Sr. Analyst, Competitive Intelligence
Los Altos, CA
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Sr. Analyst to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
We’re looking for a dynamic competitive intelligence leader to support our growing field and product teams. In this critical role, you will build technical expertise and draw on your experience and business acumen to inform how we position our solution and compete more effectively in market. You will serve as the expert on competitive intelligence and be the go-to-source for our sales and marketing teams arming them with insights on how to outmaneuver our competition and always win. To be successful in this role, you must be able to grasp complex technologies, stay on top of modern software development methodologies and tooling, and have a passion for educating a market on disruptive innovation that fundamentally challenges the status-quo.
- Collaborate with product and product marketing teams to maintain a deep understanding of competitors’ solutions, identifying their strengths and weaknesses across a multitude of use cases; Stay abreast of industry trends and activity, and build a detailed understanding of key competitors’ strategies, activities, and performance
- Compile competitive intelligence reports and maintain competitive sales enablement assets, such as battle cards, sales scenario guides, and market analysis documents; Deliver training sessions across the organization on how to best sell against the competition
- Support key marketing initiatives, such as competitive displacement campaigns, with market and competitive analyses
- Provide internal teams with alerts on important competitive developments with timely analysis and positioning
- Assist field teams with actionable competitive intelligence, talking points, tactics, and strategies to help win deals; respond with urgency and quality to inquiries from sales and customers
- Manage external research vendors and tools, as needed, and own the Contrast competitive intelligence program
- You have 5+ years of relevant professional experience; work experience in competitive intelligence, market intelligence, strategy, sales engineering, technical marketing, product marketing, or product management is a plus
- You possess excellent analytical and research skills; you enjoy and are effective at autonomous research to find key relevant information and strategic intelligence. You are also great at building relationships and interviewing people to glean intelligence not readily available in written format
- You are technical and generally quick at learning new technologies. You must have demonstrable ability to develop a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and go-to-market strategies, at a deep technical level, for product(s) in the enterprise software market. Contrast is recognized in the industry as the technology innovator in the complex space of application security, so you should be energized by a technical environment
- You have a solid understanding of sales and go-to-market dynamics, tools, key success factors, and support requirements, as well as a strong understanding of buyer mindsets
- You have proven ability to work with field teams in active sales cycles; tactically help field teams position to win in specific deals by providing mentoring and actionable competitive insights
- You are able to prioritize multiple projects and deliverables to drive to successful completion, and can easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); clear, strong, and precise writing skills along with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology intel into insightful sales value drivers is a must; ability to build collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders is a must
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience. MBA and/or computer science, engineering, IT Ops background is preferred
Additional Bonus Points
- Software development background; experience with static code analysis and/or software instrumentation a big plus; experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies and CI/CD tooling and workflows a big plus
- Application security background is a big plus. This may involve experience working with static application security testing tools, dynamic application security testing / fuzz testing, manual penetration testing, web application firewalls etc.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us. We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it. Solve the impossible. Easy is boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
What We Offer
· Competitive compensation
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Flexible paid time off