Director, Customer Success (Central)
Chicago, IL (Potential for Remote CST or MST) /
Customer Success /
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best, and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Director of Customer Success to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
We are seeking a proven Director of Customer Success to lead a regional team and ensure that a large portfolio of our customers achieves full value with our products and services. Our customers are transforming the way they build and secure software with Contrast, and this leader must be motivated by tackling challenges that require technical and organizational change. The best candidate for this position naturally adopts an “outside-in” perspective and can readily make sound decisions that reflect the customer’s perspective.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, you will be joining a fast-moving, high-growth team accountable for renewal and expansion results across the region. You’ll work both directly with our customers and behind the scenes, coaching and supporting teammates along the way.
- Own the responsibility for successful outcomes and excellent retention and expansion (90% gross, 120% net) results across a regional portfolio of customers
- Build and promote an empowered and accountable organizational culture; lead and inspire a team of Customer Success Managers to have their greatest professional impact yet
- Proactively identify, manage, and respond to customers who haven’t yet achieved full value
- Work directly with customers in region and be a key contributor to continuously improving our global CS practice
- Partner strongly with Product, Sales, and Marketing to fulfill our company growth objectives as a high-performing team of teams
- 5+ years’ experience in customer success roles for technical, subscription-based products, preferably with progressive responsibility
- 3+ years in roles with direct customer-facing impact
- 2+ years of direct management experience preferred
- Proven experience leading teams both with and without direct management responsibility
- A thorough understanding of the craft of customer success, and how to drive successful customer outcomes at scale
- Experience with data systems like Salesforce, data analysis methods, and making data-driven decisions
- A commitment to work comfortably in a high-paced, collaborative, team-focused organization
- Experience with software development, cybersecurity, or application security is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30%
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What we Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401 (k)
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.