Corporate Marketing Intern (Paid)
Los Altos, CA
About Contrast Security
Software applications have been the #1 source of successful data breaches over the last 8 years and cost companies an average $7.2 million per breach and untold damage to their reputations.
Contrast Security has built the only enterprise security product that knows where apps are weak and deploys adaptive defenses instantly. Our powerful and patented deep security instrumentation technology provides a fast, accurate and easy way to find and fix application vulnerabilities and block attacks instantly. Contrast’s agent easily installs onto any application server and finds vulnerabilities in less than 7 minutes without the need for security experts, static or dynamic scans. Our products are a perfect fit with Agile, DevOps and even waterfall methodologies, and work seamlessly on premise, in the cloud and in containers.
The Contrast Corporate Marketing internship opportunity will expose you to general marketing in addition to the specific tasks and processes necessary to pull off successful technology marketing events when working at a start-up. Since we keep a constant eye on ROI (return on investment), we do lots of things by ourselves rather than outsourcing. We will train you with hands-on tasks from day one. Must be available through 2019-2020 academic year.
- Research relevant event and conference details (competitors present, attendee demographics, market focus etc.)
- Run direct mail outreach projects – assist in defining recipients, confirm lists, print labels, assemble and mail.
- Set up and monitor trade show services orders (electrical, lead retrieval devices, internet, drayage, furniture, carpet, AV, booth graphics).
- Pack literature, give-aways, supplies for events, create shipping forms through FedEx
- Coordinate team event attendance - assist with booking hotels, confirm registrations through event portals, schedule event prep meetings, add all events to the Marketing calendar.
- Coordinate event attendee registrations - maintain guest lists, send calendar invites, make reminder phone calls, create nametags and check-in lists.
- Schedule speakers for webinars, follow up, confirm, send out scripts and information.
- Track event and vendor invoices and contracts.
- Other general marketing tasks could include writing, social media posting and updating, website updates, design for hard copy invitations, booth signs etc.
- You’ll have exposure to CRM (Salesforce.com), marketing automation (Hubspot) and ON24 webinar management tools.
- Are you your family’s “travel agent”, an Expedia pro? Do you have non-stop ideas for fun parties and excursions, and organize your friends to make them happen? Are your phone apps and files organized? That’s a good start. We’re looking for an individual who can multi-task like a pro, loves detail and order, isn’t too proud to pack a box or unload the dishwasher, is exact, careful and smart. You’ll be an undergraduate student with enough schedule flexibility to come in at least twice a week for blocks of 3-5 hours. The maximum hours per week will be 20.
Contrast Security Values
· We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
· We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
· We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
· Solve the impossible. Easy is boring. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.