Senior Software Engineer
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
Contrast is looking for a senior application developer to join our growing engineering team, based in River House on High Street, Belfast.
Our development stack includes a wide range of technologies, including Java, React, Node, Python and all things AWS. While the role has visibility and influence across a number of core technologies within the platform, this person will focus on an auto scaling cloud infrastructure component, capturing security data and passing it to the dashboard for display and action by our customers. Knowledge of Kubernetes and container management is essential.
Working in Contrast means pursuing a life changing experience in the field of application security and continuous delivery. We are an exciting, young team - growing leaps and bounds each month. We write a lot of GraphQL to interact with our REST layer to improve performance and data interaction. You would get the opportunity to work on challenging and leading edge areas of the product. We write, test and deploy our code on a continuous basis - true DevOps. We spread knowledge, help mentor younger engineers and reduce operational risk through Pull Requests - you’ll do the same, and quickly learn about all of the code in your product area as a result.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member has joined us over our 5 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the scale up experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for technology and a high level of personal accountability and ownership for your work.
- A “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations on schedule.
- Willingness to work within the engineering team - with design, product, and support colleagues to build and support new features.
- Own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
- A solid analytical ability to deal with ambiguity and to solve problems independently.
- You’re a great communicator - whether you’re talking to fellow engineers about the inner workings of instrumenting the JVM, or a customer about the latest product features.
- Someone who gives back to the Open Source Community whenever possible.
- Ready to deploy: our engineers work in a fully devops environment - we deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You take pride in the work you produce - your code is clean, your designs are elegant and you are constantly refactoring.
- You’re keen to both teach and learn - every day is a school day in Contrast. There are new colleagues to help get started, and new technologies, frameworks, ways of approaching problems to be considered.
- Advanced Knowledge of AWS Features and Services.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
- Free in-office lunches every day
- Healthcare packages
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.