Technical Engineering Manager
Product & Engineering – Engineering /
Contrast Security Ranked One of the Fastest-Growing Companies in North America on the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations, to production.
About the Position
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Technical Development Manager and team builder to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. This person will continue to attract and retain talent for our engineering team and will provide the team with guidance in technologies, product feature definitions and architecture. You will utilize your in-depth systems applications and security knowledge in providing leadership to your various teams. This position will have high visibility to upper management.
Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for technology and a high level of personal accountability and ownership for your work.
- A “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations on schedule.
- Willingness to work within the engineering team - with design, product, and support colleagues to build and support new features.
- Own your work. Whether a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
- A solid analytical ability to deal with ambiguity and to solve problems independently.
- You’re a great communicator - whether you’re talking to fellow engineers about the inner workings of instrumenting the JVM, or a customer about the latest product features.
- Someone who gives back to the Open Source Community whenever possible.
- Ready to deploy: our engineers work in a fully devops environment - we deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- 10+ years experience in Software Development - ideally some exposure with Java / Kotlin / Rust or similar
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- You take pride in the work you produce - your code is clean, your designs are elegant and you are constantly refactoring.
- You’re keen to both teach and learn - every day is a school day in Contrast. There are new colleagues to help get started, and new technologies, frameworks, ways of approaching problems to be considered.
- Knowledge of AWS Features and Services.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
- Free in-office lunches
- Healthcare packages
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.