MBA Intern - Market and Customer Insights
Los Altos, CA
At Contrast, we are building a stealth startup within a startup. Our mission is to secure every line of code written, anywhere. The world is writing more code, faster, than ever before. So, our mission is more critical than ever before. In support of this mission, we are extending our product portfolio and are looking for an insights expert to deepen our understanding of our customer base and uncover the key use cases that will take our new products to productmarket fit.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will work with Product Management, Product Marketing and Customer Success to surface key insights about how we can build the product our market wants. The questions to ask yourself are:
- Are you interested in taking a new product to product-market fit?
- Are you looking to build an insights & user research program from the ground up?
- Are you customer obsessed?
- Can you juggle running a program and being in the data?
- Have you been able to zero-in on the "hook" that makes products sticky with customers in the past?
- Conduct market research to uncover key customer insights that drive positioning as well as ideas for new features or benefits. You choose the methods and models you think work best.
- Synthesize market intelligence & customer insights - be the expert on our customers, who they are and what segments we serve; be the expert on key competitors and the broader market
- Establish key product utilization / engagement metrics for the new products
- Develop campaigns and initiatives that will optimize for these engagement metrics
Mechanics of a Sample Project:
- Scope and design research project/action plan
- Identify and advocate rigorous methodologies to answer the key questions at hand
- Draft survey questionnaires and discussion/interview guides
- Manage end-to-end project set-up and execution (in-field)
- Analyze data (using a variety of tools and resources)
- Partner with larger data team/groups to provide key insights from internal customer data
- Clearly communicate actionable insights to the broader team/ internal stakeholders (including C-level executives)
- 2+ years market/customer research experience
- 1 + years managing marketing campaigns or managing a paid marketing budget
- 2+ years designing and writing surveys
- 2+ years in an enterprise software, security or Saas company (startup experience a plus)
- BA or BS degree required
- You are inquisitive and passionate about customer insights
- You are well-versed in a wide array of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (e.g., segmentation analysis, attitude and usage studies, NPS, positioning research, advertisement testing, customer experience, customer satisfaction)
- You are proficient with analyzing large, complex data sets
- You are experienced in leading and navigating cross-functional partnerships involving analytics/insights
- You are a storyteller and not afraid to break challenging news
- You have the ability to balance numerous projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- You are a standout colleague with great attention to detail
- You are enthusiastic and have extraordinary interpersonal skills
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.