Customer Success Manager
Los Altos, CA
Software applications have been the #1 source of successful data breaches over the last 8 years and cost companies an average $7.2 million per breach and untold damage to their reputations.
Contrast Security has built the only enterprise security product that knows where apps are weak and deploys adaptive defenses instantly. Our powerful and patented deep security instrumentation technology provides a fast, accurate and easy way to find and fix application vulnerabilities and block attacks instantly. Contrast’s agent easily installs onto any application server and finds vulnerabilities in less than 7 minutes without the need for security experts, static or dynamic scans. Our products are a perfect fit with Agile, DevOps and even waterfall methodologies, and work seamlessly on premise, in the cloud and in containers.
Contrast’s revolutionary approach to enterprise application security has won numerous industry accolades, including:
• Gartner “Visionary” Magic Quadrant Placement
• Forrester Wave: Application Security “Leader”
• InformationWeek’s Dark Reading "20 Security Startups to Watch" 2015
• 2016 OWASP Benchmark Project Best-in-class 93% true accuracy rating
• 2016 Cyber Defense Magazine "Best-of-Breed" in Application Security Solution
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for the overall success of a portfolio of Enterprise/Mid-Market customers. You will lead clients’ value realization journey, coordinating a cross-functional team that spans Sales, Services, Support, Engineering, Product Management and others. To become a trusted advisor, you will need to become a subject-matter expert on Contrast’s products, use-cases and application security best practices.
In this role, you will be one of the primary technical points of contact for our clients; working hand-in-hand with technical staff and executives on improving the performance, reliability, and business value of our products. You will also act as the voice of the customer within Contrast to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers. Your success in this role means higher customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of Contrast business. We guarantee that there will never be a boring moment while working at Contrast!
The scope of responsibility includes:
● Facilitate setting business outcomes and measurable objectives with the Client
● Ensure smooth handoffs from Sales to Onboarding and from Onboarding to Business Outcomes
● Build value-based relationships with customers ensuring alignment with key goals at all levels of the organization
● Deliver strategic best practices to customers to help them optimize the value of Contrast and improve their overall application security posture.
● Provide coaching and education to improve adoption of the Contrast product by every user
● Remain up to date on Contrast product features and developed use cases to drive customers to best practice standards
● Engage across the Client's organization and works cross-functionally within Contrast to identify opportunities and risks, and present recommendations & solutions
● Identify successful customers and turn them into advocates, measured by participation in reference calls, case studies, webinars and videos
● Partner with renewal specialists to help ensure renewal and expansion opportunities are identified and closed successfully
● Bring intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customers back to the Contrast Product team
● Contribute to development of industry-leading processes and best practices for delivering application security
● Define and maintain success plans for customers that outline the desired business outcomes, metrics for success (KPIs), potential issues, and action plans
● Prepare for and conduct business reviews with customer, as appropriate for monthly and quarterly cadence
● Monitor adoption and usage trends, work closely with customer and Contrast teams to address adoption blockers
● 2+ years of experience working as a CSM or TAM at a B2B SaaS company
● 5+ years of experience working with complex security technology products and/or Continuous Integration environments
● Solid understanding of continuous build environments for Java and .net
● Knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins
● Knowledge of application security and application security vulnerabilities
● Understanding of the security market
● Knowledge of the SDLC and software engineering methodologies/systems
● Background in multiple disciplines is a plus: sales engineering, business consulting, project/program management, business operations, software development and deployment,
● Exceptional customer focus and bias for action , ability to translate customer business issues and goals and issues into actionable plans and solutions.
● Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead and facilitate meetings and presentations, create content for documentation deliverables
● Be mobile and be able to travel to client locations as needed
● Experience working on enterprise accounts (with ASP in $100k+ range)
● Experience working closely with VP+ level executives at customers
● Experience with these types of engagements with customers:
● Executive business reviews
● Creating structured programs to drive adoption at low-usage accounts
● Creating & executing against a Success Plan/Project Plan
● Proactive engagement based on insights from data
● Influencing change in complex organizations
● Comfortable in fast-paced environment; does not get stressed easily
● Process-focused, with strong problem-solving ability -- always looking for smarter, better ways to achieve a goal
● At ease demonstrating product functionality; ability to provide comprehensive overview of key business use cases
● Exercises listening / takes a thoughtful approach to addressing customer pain points
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or work experience/ tenure commensurate with same
What We Offer
· Competitive compensation
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Flexible paid time off
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.