Global Technical Alliance Lead
Los Altos, CA /
Corporate Marketing /
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Global Technical Alliance Lead to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
Contrast Security is currently seeking a Global Technical Alliance Lead to join our Strategic Alliances team. The Strategic Alliances team is responsible for driving incremental revenue, joint GTM initiatives, enhanced product value through integrations, and distribution through leading marketplaces. The Global Technical Alliance Lead will be 1/3 Alliance Sales Engineer, 1/3 Alliance Technical Marketer, 1/3 Alliance Platform Architect and will partner with leading cloud providers and software companies within the DevOps and Security landscape. As a member of the Strategic Alliances team you will be measured on driving the mass distribution of Contrast Security products to our alliance user bases and customers. The Global Technical Alliance Lead will report directly to the Director of Strategic Alliances.
- Provide pre-sales assistance for alliance opportunities – demos, POCs, troubleshooting and training
- Map alliance business drivers and technical requirements to deliver mutually beneficial joint solutions that increase product value and user experience
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to drive features that optimize a joint partner solution
- Build increased technical knowledge on Contrast Security products and partner integration points
- Create sales and technical content for sales and partner field teams and customers such as partner battle cards, integrations demonstrations, blogs, whiteboards, white papers, design guides, demo environments, webinars, video, chalk talks, etc.
- Write tutorials on key partners solutions, implementations, and deployment procedures on AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware | Pivotal, and IBM | Redhat OpenShift
- Work with Sales and Marketing to drive awareness and adoption of partner integrations that improve outcomes for our customers, partners, and Contrast Security
- Deliver technical content enablement training that will arm our partners, and sales teams to demonstrate and sell Contrast Security solutions with strategic alliance partner products
- Be the SME at alliance events, user conferences, open source community forums, and meetups
- Be an extension to all internal technical teams - Sales Engineering, Product Management, Customer Success, and Engineering - to drive business outcomes from joint alliance solutions
- Work closely with our strategic alliance partners to identify and facilitate partnership opportunities via their platform
- Represent the technical voice of alliance partners and orchestrate partner engagement across all internal functions
- Drive technical reviews with technology partners
- Strong affinity for partner ecosystems and proven track record in building technology partner relationships that are mutually beneficial with technical teams
- Deep technical understanding of Digital Transformation drivers in the following technology domains and trends: Cybersecurity, AppSec, Security Engineering, Agile Development, DevOps, Cloud, DevSecOps, Containers, APIs, Microservices, Kubernetes, Serverless, etc.
- Hands-on technical experience with platform providers – AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware | Pivotal, and IBM | Redhat OpenShift
- Ability to identify and develop joint value propositions and uses cases relevant to developers, security, and operations professionals
- Proven track record as an enabler and trainer on technical subjects to field sellers
- Problem solving ability and experience to align cross-functional teams - partners, product management, product marketing, corporate marketing, sales, engineering, and legal functions toward common objectives and goals
- Possess creative and organizational skills with exceptional communication and presentation capabilities
- Passion for learning and attention to detail
- Enjoy multi-tasking and juggling several different projects simultaneously
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, specific application security experience is a big plus
- B.S., M.S. in Computer Science, and/or relevant programming skills
- Ability to travel globally as needed
What we Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401 (k)
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR.
As a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA:
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.