Senior Full Stack Engineer
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyber attacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
This team is tasked with the unique opportunity to advance our runtime and pre-compile code analysis capabilities. This includes providing enhanced techniques to improve the accuracy, findings and reporting of code analysis. It will also include driving and leading the next generation of product and offerings to make the Contrast platform the choice for code analysis tools among developers and security professionals.
The team will work across a variety of platforms and technologies. They will become core committers in the core Contrast full stack application owning all code analysis and third-party dependency analysis capabilities. They will also own our cloud services applications (both internal and external) responsible for super-charging our security intelligence platform. They will also be architecting and developing new tools and products focused on code analysis offered within product, as well as from the Contrast-OSS github account.
Our engineering team has a strong spirit of entrepreneurship. Every member of the team has joined us over our 5 year history because he/she wants to be part of a high-performing team and go through the startup experience. We look for candidates that share similar goals and beliefs about the work and the team they want to be a part of.
- Actively lead and contribute to your project. Own the technical design, implementation and quality engineering of our application, providing guidance for architecture and platform choices.
- Be a thought leader both technically and with regard to processes. Staying on top of the latest trends - frameworks, languages, practices.
- Work hand-in-hand with our Product Managers, UX/Designers and Customers on each feature and improvement.
- Own the technical design, implementation and quality engineering of our full stack application and Lambda services.
- Participate in constant collaboration with teammates in the form of pair programming, group code reviews and pull requests prior to commit.
- Deploys: our engineers deploy multiple times a day to our AWS infrastructure.
- On-call rotation: every member of the team, including the VP of Engineering participates in the on-call rotation.
- Technical support: Our engineers don't just release code in the wild. When our customer have issues, we have to jump in and give them help.
- You are in a technical leadership role presently and wish to extend that with a new challenge.
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- You are a Java expert with a strong understanding of Spring, MySQL, Linux, Apache ActiveMQ and are comfortable working with Cassandra, Redis and ElasticSearch.
- Experience with TypeScript and GraphQL
- Have an eye for quality and have an interest in using tools/frameworks like Enzyme, Prettier, ReactTestRenderer, Jest, JUnit, StoryBook, etc...
- Comfort and/or experience working with Python frameworks such as Flask and/or Django.
- Interest and experience working with Docker and Kubernetes as well as Vagrant and Ansible
- AWS Services: S3, EC2, CloudFront, Lambda
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest solution to complex challenges.
- Your code is clean, your designs are elegant and you are constantly refactoring.
- Multiple years experience working in Enterprise or Commercial Software development.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (salary + equity)
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
- In-office lunches
- Private health care
- Pension contributions
- Flexible time off
If you're amazing but missing some of these, email us your résumé and cover letter anyway. Please include a link to your Github or BitBucket account, as well as any links to some of your projects if available.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.