Los Altos, CA
Contrast Security, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
We are seeking a Payroll Manager to join our team and own all aspects of Contrast’s payroll processes for our global employees. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate payroll, interfacing with our global payroll service providers and supporting finance and human resources with all payroll related matters. We are looking for a talented and passionate individual who is highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail and process.
- Manage the processing of semi-monthly payroll for exempt employees and bi-weekly payroll for non-exempt employees in multi-state environment;
- Manage global payroll service providers, communicate changes for international employees and have a basic understanding of global privacy regulations (i.e. GDPR);
- Interface and partner with HR to support onboarding of new employees as well as separations;
- Work with payroll processors to ensure compliance with federal, state and local (including International) legal and tax requirements;
- Maintain a customer service approach to Contrast’s employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions or payroll process;
- Prepare all payroll and related journal entries for accounting team in support of month end close;
- Reconcile payroll account balances as part of month end, quarter end and year end close processes;
- Provide analysis of payroll and related costs to identify trends and to ensure accurate reporting; and
- Ad-hoc projects, reporting and account reconciliations, and other assignments as needed to support finance and HR.
- 4+ years of multi-state and international payroll experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferred;
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, and appreciation for consistency & accuracy;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Superior organizational skills and keen focus on process;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft office applications;
- Ability to work independently and to solve problems with minimal supervision;
- Self-starter who adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace;
- Ability to work daily at our Los Altos, CA office;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment; and
- Capacity to manage confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
Bonus Points for
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment;
- Experience working with Trinet, ADP or other payroll provider; and
- Experience supporting migration to new payroll systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive compensation
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Daily lunches in office
· Flexible paid time off