Senior Software Engineer (React.js, Java)
Remote USA /
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts.
Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
If you like variety in your work, then this is the position for you.
We need a senior engineer to lead the team that:
· Contributes to our SaaS platform built on Java and React.js
· Builds our integrations with communications tools (Slack), platforms (VMWare Tanzu), security management services (Splunk), and even developer IDEs (VS Code).
· Develops Contrast’s newest API Platform
We are an agile development team. We are devoted to scoring stories by difficulty, committing to sprint deliverables, and calculating velocity.
Ideal candidates have very strong handle on React.js, working knowledge of Java, and an affinity for working with lots of different software languages including: Ruby, Go, and Python. This job asks a lot of a developer’s intuition and persistence as we unravel and unwind APIs and software development kits. We are looking for the type of developer who wants to “figure it out.”
- Write lots of code. You’ll be contributing to our SaaS product (React.js, Java) as well as other projects.
- Mentor junior developers
- Conduct code reviews and pull request approvals
- Lead stand-up, planning, and closeout
- Build new integrations for Contrast Security software including our SaaS, on-premises, and agents
- Maintain the integrations we’ve already developed
- Attend calls with customers to solve their problems
- Work with outside organizations to understand how Contrast Security fits with their marketplace and strategy
- You have 3-5 years of experience working in at least one of the following: React.js, Java, Ruby, or Python and have a desire to learn languages you don’t already know
- Anything you don’t know, you’re excited to learn
- You have a knack for figuring things out and enjoy working with a piece of software to figure out how it works
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.