Los Altos, CA
Contrast Security, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
As a member of Contrast’s accounting team, you will be responsible for the processing of vendor invoices, obtaining support for and processing payments related to our corporate credit cards, and processing employee expense reports. In this role, you will also be a key contributor to improved systems and automation for processing payments and disbursements. You can also expect to use your analytical talents to support ad-hoc reporting and analysis. Working from our Los Altos, CA headquarters, you will collaborate with colleagues throughout the company as a self-motivated team player, ready to roll up your sleeves.
- Be the first point of contact in supporting, interfacing and developing solid vendor relationships
- Process vendor invoices, including scanning, vouching, obtaining approvals and entry into the accounts payable system
- Process corporate credit cards, obtaining supporting receipts and information to accurately vouch
- Process expense reports, including receipts validation and compliance with Company’s expense reimbursement policy
- Analyze and import expenses from our vendor payments and expense reporting systems into the accounting system
- Complete the weekly disbursements process which may include electronic payments, live checks, wires and ACH transactions
- Track and record fixed assets, prepaids, accruals. Own and maintain month-end close workpapers
- Participation in the month-end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries, month-end close schedule and reconciliations for balance sheet items
- Assist manager in the preparation of audit work schedules and support audit requests
- Process 1099s, property, sales & use tax filings, understanding these tax filings and regulations
- Maintain vendor records, including updated W9s
- Deliver ad-hoc projects and reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of hands on, full cycle accounts payable and expense report processing, including the processing of corporate credit cards
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices, and GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to interact across all levels of management and interface with vendors in a clear and professional manner
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Concur/Expensify
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to model complex reconciliations, conveying results concisely and clearly
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment
- Broader general ledger experience, ability to support balance sheet accounts beyond fixed assets, prepaids & accruals
Bonus Points for
WHAT WE OFFER
Medical, dental and vision benefits
Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business. We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring. If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.