Senior Director, Sales Engineering
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate analysis and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has intelligent agents that work actively inside applications to prevent data breaches, defeat hackers and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
Contrast Security is seeking a world class candidate to lead our Pre-sales Engineering team and help lead our technical sales efforts. She/he will manage assigned Sales Engineers (SEs) and their performance; ensuring staff is fully enabled at a level that allows them to effectively accomplish their job responsibilities. Our Sales Engineering team leader will be responsible for building relationships with peer managers and business influencers. This candidate must also have a track record of driving and cultivating relationships within strategic accounts in an ongoing basis. This individual will work with Sales Leadership to ensure that corporate and sales goals are achieved.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Build and retain a global team of high-performing Sales Engineers (SEs)
· Create personalized technical and soft skills training and development plans for team members, as well as guidance with long-term career development
· Collaborate across the sales organization, aligning the technical pre-sales activities with the account/deal strategy, anticipating and overcoming any technical roadblocks
· Work with the Sales Engineers to create customer profiles of competitive technologies installed, key projects, initiatives, and political org charts
· Build out and continuously refresh the SE team's demo environment to reflect Contrast's unique capabilities in addressing an enterprise's most critical application security challenges.
· Establish a strong core competency in solution architecture, enabling customers to envision a new, transformative way of securing their applications with Contrast
· Develop best practices for Customer evaluations of Contrast that prove our capabilities and value proposition
· Build and develop relationships with key clients and Channel Partners
· Attend sales meetings with SE team members to observe and provide coaching and performance management to individual team members
· Leverage the SE team's interactions with prospects and Customers as well the strong relationships you will establish with Product Marketing and Engineering leadership, to influence both the short-term product roadmap and strategic product vision
· Manage territorial schedules for optimum utilization of resources in assisting with customer and channel partner presentations and meetings
· Assist the Public Relations/ Marketing group with engagements, reviews and speaking opportunities, as required
· Lead by example through involvement in OWASP, ISSA, and other industry groups
· Travel globally with little advance-notice.
· 8+ years demonstrated pre-sales experience
· 4+ years demonstrated management or supervisory-level experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Management
· A true professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers at Contrast Security and in customer environments
· Deep knowledge of DevOps/Agile SDLC and software engineering methodologies/systems
· Demonstrated ability to help Customers transform their operational processes to leverage new technologies
· At least 5 years of experience working with complex security technology products
· Collaborative spirit and excellent written/verbal communicator
· Willingness to travel 50%+ of time
· Knowledge of application security and application security vulnerabilities a bonus
What We Offer
· Competitive compensation
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Flexible paid time off
By submitting your application, you are providing Personally Identifiable Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, references, or other employment-related information) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, and/ or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and locations.