Sales Strategy and Operations Manager
Business Development /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Sales Strategy & Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing Business Development Team!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of defining a predictable revenue structure aligned with our growth and profitability objectives, deeply understanding and being able to explain performance, enabling the conversion productivity of our sales & accounts management members.
You will conduct critical strategic, analytical and operational projects designed to optimise sales efficiency and conversion productivity.
You will work very closely with the Sales, Account Management, Customer Care, Data and Product communities. The scope of the role is Global (Europe, US, and UK for the time being).
👍 What your team will look like
- More than 150 people from all over the world to work with you. You will be part of the Business Development team, reporting to the Head of Business Development, and lead the Sales Strategy & Operations initiatives and team.
✏️ What you'll do
- Understand and monitor sales performance at every step of the conversion cycle, working closely with the Sales team and Business Development managers
- Support the regional roll out of global sales processes, monitor KPIs, and ensure adoption to enable the scaling of our sales teams
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve Sales performance
- Build a deep understanding of sales practices and needs across the funnel through regular shadowing sessions and pipeline reviews
- Help define the sales organization, portfolio volume and perimeter to maximize results
- Be responsible for the constant improvement of our sales tools stack (mainly Salesforce, Front) to grow conversion rates across the funnel
- Act as primary point of contact for the sales effectiveness tools users, providing them with documentation, support, and guidance
- Lead project management to optimise and automate our sales processes by leveraging sales tools functionalities
- Contribute the scalability of our data infrastructure, framing the main sales data infrastructure decisions and ensuring we maintain high data quality
- Work with the data team to ensure sales acquisition is properly accounted for in the company’s data stack
- Ensure we have clear guidelines and documentation at various stages of the sales funnel to ensure data consistency
- Actively contribute to strategic initiatives and plans with leadership to drive business operations efficiency across all departments
- Grow expertise in sales effectiveness tools, hacks, and strategies, providing leadership with recommendations for our continuously evolving business operations
🌍 What we offer
- Unlimited flexibility on remote work: when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team.
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills in the management of strategic project management, and sales performance planning
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, remote or physical team buildings, private online art classes…
- Great Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the Île-de-France region and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
- 3-5+ years of experience within a business strategy, sales strategy & operations, revenue operations or business finance function in a fast-paced growth company, or work experience in a top consulting firm
- Experience in providing business insights: including dash-boarding, data visualization, and reporting with Excel, G-sheet, and tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Experience with CRM Systems and Sales tools (Salesforce, is a plus)
- Proven organizational and project management skills, with the ability to work independently with daily to quarterly deadlines, ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands
- Deep analytical rigor, focused on bringing clarity based on deep insights
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- You are fluent in French & English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for getting close to the business and Sales team and understanding the operational details of their work, not just the strategic ones, ability to build successful relationships with with business leaders and a broad range of stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Product and Finance and be seen as a trusted advisor
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the HR team/Head of Business Development
- Video interviews with our Head of Sales and Head of Data
- Business case with our Head of Business Development
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.