Senior Back-End Developer (PHP)
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 70+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
🚀 Why Tech & Product at Convelio is fundamental and exciting
Our company is technology-driven and is growing the Product & Tech teams to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry.
We have different great products in constant communication, that are developed to bring the fine-art market to a whole new level.
We are building tech for:
- Art sellers, with our Instant Quoting tool for their shipping - a revolution in a market where shipping is slow, complex and opaque. Also, our API allows art galleries, auction houses and other art sellers to display our shipping prices directly on their website - a way to bring transparency and speed into their processes.
- Art-shippers, to help our suppliers manage their operations easier thanks to data and process automation, gain in efficiency and save time on low added value tasks
- Art-logisticians (us!), to automate most of the logistics chain, improve internal processes for our teams and design an enjoyable working experience...and a lot more!
Shipping is considered as one of the biggest challenges in growing the online art market. We believe technology will provide unmatched customer experience through digital services and optimize operations efficiency through automation of logistics.
👉 What your team will look like
By being part of Convelio, you’ll join a growing and passionate tech team of 10 people whose mission is to improve and maintain the Convelio platform, working hand in hand with the Product team. As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will work in strong collaboration with our Lead Front-End Developer, our CTO, our Product Team and our Back-End & Front-End Developers to iterate on our product, define API requirements, contribute to our core backend and implement new features.
✏️ What you'll do
- Design and build new performing and scalable features to answer our customer’s evolving needs
- Ensure the robustness of our code and its quality by implementing and improving our testing strategy
- Document new developments
- Review team members’ code
- Help shift the backend stack in order to prepare common growth issues (scalability, maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Suggest ideas to improve our development standards and processes
- Mentor junior members of the team and show them how you can ship beautiful code in the blink of an eye
- Work and communicate with Operations & Sales teams on implementing new features
⛏️ Our technical stack includes...
- Application Framework: Zend, Angular
- Data Storage: MySQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Datadog, Github
🌍 What we Offer
- The chance to work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company : it’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities.
- A young & dynamic team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets to learn from
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes and development strategy
- The opportunity to work on different products simultaneously if you enjoy variety, or to focus on one single product if you like it better
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Even though we are currently working from home in the Covid-19 context, we do have a very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : new bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- A competitive salary
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- Possibility to work remotely as much as you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Afterwork drinks every thursday
- Regular team buildings (escape games, summer/christmas parties...)
💪 Preferred Experience
- 4+ years of experience in back-end development
- You have experience with PHP with a framework (Zend/Symfony/Laravel)
- You have a good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- A knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or any other public cloud is a plus
- You have a good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- You like to chat with non-technical people - at Convelio, we are deeply convinced we won’t be able to build a great product without interacting with other teams.
📑 Recruitment process
- First 30 min call interview
- Technical Test
- 1 hour interview with CTO & Head of Product
- Interviews with HR & 1 Founder
- Meet the team!
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!