Global Operations Intern
Operations (central) /
🎨 Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a Global Operations Intern to join our Pricing Team!
In this internship, you will have the great challenge of providing analysis and recommendations to a crucial part of our business, the pricing process, making sure our pricing algorithm is based on data-driven decisions that allow us to competitively serve our clients and make Fine Arts shipping easier!
You will learn how to analyse large data sets, visualise data, and create business cases to optimize our unique pricing algorithm.
This is a 6-month internship, start date in March 2023
👍 What your team will look like
You will work with Aurélien, Pricing Manager and Paul, Pricing Analyst. You will also have the opportunity to work with different teams such as the Tech and Operations teams.
✏️ What you'll do
- Discover the fascinating world of fine art logistics
- Acquire a deep understanding of the logistics chains we operate and of our broader industry. Be involved in building and implementing our pricing strategy, which is at the heart of Convelio’s value proposition
- Learn how to perform analysis on large data sets and provide data-driven recommendations to the pricing model management team
- Be in close contact with our Operations teams at the local level to understand potential improvements and corrections on how pricing is designed and implemented
- Participate in planning and executing tech-enabled and product-related processes hand in hand with the Product and Tech Teams
🧑🎨 Your profile
- You are currently majoring in an engineering school or in a university related to analytics
- You are fluent in English, and you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills and advanced Excel/Google sheets skills
- You are positive, curious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You are an excellent learner and you have the desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You are detail-oriented, you have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
🌍 What we offer
- Unlimited flexibility on remote work: when you want where you want
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfil your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, remote or physical team buildings, private online art classes…
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
📑 The Recruitment Process
- Video interview with Talent Acquisition
- On-site interview with Aurélien, Pricing Team Lead, with a live business case
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
-> Convelio is set on bringing art logistics into the future - and this is impossible to do without thinking about climate change. Launched in June 2021, our sustainability program and commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 13 - to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impact is organized to promote positive environmental practices, and align our company with government targets formed on the basis of the Paris Agreement.
Explore more on Climate Care
-> Learn more about Convelio’s plans following our latest fundraising announcement from our founders.
-> Discover our company values
-> Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.