Senior Data Analyst
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
🎩 Your Role
As a Data Analyst at Convelio, you will join the newly-born Data Team which has a transversal role within the company and will support the activities of all departments: Sales, Operations, Finance, Product, HR...
We are looking for someone willing to mix data skills with business sense and strategic vision to take part in the construction of the Data Department’s vision. Your work will focus on accompanying the transformation towards more data-driven decisions through analytical deep dives into the business key issues and effective collecting, processing and visualizing of data!
👯♂What is the team like?
More than 140 people in all departments from all over the world to work with you.
You will be part of our Data team and report to our Head of Data.
The Data team is at this very peculiar time in its lifecycle where the basics are layed out but it needs to scale up quite a lot. We are looking for people interested in improving, standardizing and optimizing our tools and processes. You will also have the chance to work on many different types of cross-team matters and have plenty of leeway to suggest new ideas and processes!
✏️What You’ll Do
- Be in constant discussion with all the departments and teams to collect business needs concerning analyses, translate them into technical specifications and integrate them to the global data roadmap
- Structure the different topics for which data will enable a deeper understanding, analyze the options and layers of each topic and push insights and tests to implement to the business teams
- Structure data and evaluate its quality in order to proactively improve the data stack and enrich the data pipeline
- Autonomously handle your projects from stream integration to monitoring and evolutions, interacting with heads of departments and coordinating with the Tech and Data teams
- Accompany final users in the use and interpretation of data
- Be a strong team player to make the whole team grow and increase its skills
- Take part in building the data strategy in collaboration with the Head of Data
🌍What we offer
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Autonomy to structure your analyses, deal with business owners and suggest improvements in team processes
- The chance to work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company. It’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities!
- Improve your skills in problem solving, project management and data processing from collection to automatization by dealing with A to Z projects
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Flexibility on remote work : when you want where you want (even after Covid-19!)
- Regular team buildings (escape games, afterwork drinks, Among Us, visio-drink...)
- Great Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the Île-de-France region and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
- Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, and willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
- You have a Master Degree in Business, Engineering, Big Data, Computer Science or Maths
- You have previously worked in a data-driven working environment for 3+ years
- You have experience or knowledge in 1 or 2 programming languages among SQL, Python
- You have experience or knowledge working with 1 Data visualisation tool (Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI…)
- You have project management skills and can handle autonomously your stakeholders
- You know how to write clean and easily maintainable code
- You are a Doer: you get things done and inspire your colleagues to do the same
- You have good organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong Quality Assurance (QA) skills
- You communicate transparently, proactively, and effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders, including the team, clients and project partners
- You are fluent in English, French is a big plus
Your profile :
- First 30 min call interview
- 1 hour Interview with the Head of Data
- 1 hour Interview with the CTO
- 30 minutes Interviews with different business owners (Product, Sales, Finance, etc.)
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.