⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 70+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Why Tech & Product at Convelio is fundamental and exciting ✨
Our company is technology-driven and is growing the Product & Tech teams to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry.
We have different great products in constant communication, that are developed to bring the fine-art market to a whole new level. We are building tech for:
- Art sellers, with our Instant Quoting tool for their shipping - a revolution in a market where shipping is slow, complex and opaque. Also, our API allows art galleries, auction houses and other art sellers to display our shipping prices directly on their website - a way to bring transparency and speed into their processes.
- Art-shippers, to help our suppliers manage their operations easier thanks to data and process automation, gain in efficiency and save time on low added value tasks.
- Art-logisticians (us!), to automate most of the logistics chain, improve internal processes for our teams and design an enjoyable working experience
- ...and a lot more!
Shipping is considered as one of the biggest challenges in growing the online art market. We believe technology will provide unmatched customer experience through digital services and optimize operations efficiency through automation of logistics.
Your team 👯♂️
By being part of Convelio, you’ll join a growing and passionate tech team of 10 people whose mission is to improve and maintain the Convelio platform, working hand in hand with the Product team.
As a DevOps, you will contribute to taking the existing infrastructure to the next level. Your work will focus on improving our deployment automation processes and help us scale our infrastructure. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, maintainability.
You will work in strong collaboration with our Product team, Developers, and our CTO.
✏️ What You’ll Do?
- Design and build end to end testing solutions
- Ensure the robustness of our development workflow
- Development of internal tools to automate most common tasks
- Deploy CI and CD process, and tools to increase code quality and maintainability
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Operation of the platforms hosting our services
- International roll-out of our infrastructure
🤖 Our technical stack includes
- Application Framework: Angular for Front-End, Zend for Back-End with a future migration on Symfony
- Data Storage: MySQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Github
💪 The ideal profile
- You have at least 3+ years of working experience in building highly scalable infrastructure
- You have experience using version control systems (git)
- You know the devops methodology perfectly well
- You want to learn, research, and develop new solutions
- You’ve worked with Terraform and Docker
- You’ve worked with a Cloud Provider, GCP preferably
🌍 What we offer
- The chance to work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company : it’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities
- A young & dynamic team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets to learn from
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes and development strategy
- The opportunity to work on different products simultaneously if you enjoy variety, or to focus on one single product if you like it better
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Even though we are currently working from home in the Covid-19 context, we do have a very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : new bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- Possibility to work remotely as much as you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Regular afterwork drinks
- Regular team buildings (escape games, summer/christmas parties...)
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First 30 min call interview with our CTO
- Technical test
- Video Interview with one of our Tech Leads
- Video Interviews with our Head of HR & Head of Product & founder
- Meet the team
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;)
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!