Head of Logistics UK
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high energy, proactive,autonomous, results-driven, team-oriented Head of Logistics to join our rapidly growing team in London!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of managing the UK first mile and last mile teams, oversee the entire operations process (from the collection of an artwork to its final delivery), design and implement reporting tools and develop quarterly presentations.
This role involves planning and organizing the logistics chain, managing our shipments all over the world, maintaining close relationships with our suppliers, keeping an eye out to find quick solutions to all sorts of issues and managing an incredible team that already has strong experience.
It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges. Anticipation, pro-activity are key elements in this role, and being able to multitask is really important.
👍 What your team will look like
150+ people from all over the world to work with you.
Reporting into the Head of Operations, you will have the opportunity to manage a team of 2 direct reports (N-1) and 15+ indirect reports (N-2).
This job is a full-time job, based in London and our remote policy allows you to work from home if you wish.
✏️ What you'll do
- Oversee and lead all daily operations from the collection of an artwork to its final delivery, ensure that everything goes as planned and that KPIs / SLAs are constantly met
- Solve and manage incidents in a client-first manner and ensure fast resolution
- Develop / refine reports to track daily operations and ensure that all shipments are delivered as per the agreed terms with the clients
- Take initiatives to develop & enhance processes to offer a seamless experience to our clients
- Own relationships with multiple third party logistics providers, driving improvements on performance and cost
- Execute the strategy to develop and scale our UK operations
- Diagnose areas of improvement across our UK network; develop and continuously execute interventions that deliver tangible impact to quality, resilience, scale, efficiency and budget.
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art marketImmersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potentialAutonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Improve your skills in supplier management, negotiation and analytics
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- 25 days of paid leave per year, on top of the 8 bank holidays
- 3% for your private pension scheme, from Day 1
- Health insurance, which kicks in 3 months after joining
- Flexibility on remote work : when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Regular team team fun events (escape games, afterwork drinks...)The latest tech to hit the ground running
- Opportunity to work remote even after Covid
💪 Your profile
- You have 6+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., operations, logistics, fine art shipping, operations consulting, operations)
- You have 3+ years of management experience with a least 4 direct reports
- You have excellent analytical (excel) skills and you have a developed decision making mentality & sound business judgment
- You are perfectly fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You are comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- You have very strong attention to detail, you have the ability to simplify difficult problems into actionable and solvable tasks
- You know how to cultivate and nurture relationships with your colleagues
- You take initiatives and you are a problem solver
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively motivate, develop and manage a high performing team
- Excitement for working in a fast-paced start-up-like environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Talent Acquisition
- Video interviews with the Head of UK and someone from the Global Operations team
- Video interview with our Head of HR & one of our founders
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.