Operations Team Lead - First Mile UK
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a results-driven, team-oriented Team Lead to head up our First Mile Operations team in the UK!
In this role, you will have the great challenge of managing a crucial part of our logistics process starting from the pick-up locations of our clients’ art pieces all along to our crating centres, making sure the delivery process goes smoothly in order to make our clients happy.
This role involves planning and organizing the logistics chain, managing our suppliers all over the UK, maintaining close relationships with our crating centers, and keeping an eye on finding new suppliers. It is a fast-paced role that fits high-energy and agile people who like a challenge, and who know how to lead and motivate a team.
👍 What your team will look like
The Team: 150+ people from all over the world to work with you. You will be lead for First Mile UK Art Transport (from collection to packing of the art pieces) managing a small team, reporting to the Head of Operations UK.
✏️ What you'll do
- Assign jobs to the right collection and crating suppliers based on client type, product typology and collection addresses
- Follow each transport with dedicated reports, tools and a shared platform, to make sure our customers’ shipments go smoothly
- Ensure that suppliers respect our KPIs and internal processes and that they update our platforms appropriately; organise performance review sessions with them.
- Negotiate with our suppliers on budgets for jobs that fall outside our agreed rates
- Check the quality of the crates packed on a daily basis so that the delicate objects we transport do not get damaged
- Conduct weekly analyses on volumes and margins, and review supplier performance on an ongoing basis
- Suggest and initiate operational improvements to drive results and hit our KPI's
- Find new suppliers and on-board them into our network as our volumes grow
- Manage and build the First Mile team and provide support and development to them; create an environment of precision and problem-solving to tackle all First Mile issues
- Work closely with the other Operations teams in the UK - Customer Care and Last Mile - so that every Convelio shipment is treated with care
- Contribute to the fun, inclusive and supportive workplace we have at Convelio
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art marketImmersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potentialAutonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Improve your skills in supplier management, negotiation and analytics
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- 25 days of paid leave per year, on top of the 8 bank holidays
- 3% for your private pension scheme, from Day 1
- Health insurance, which kicks in 3 months after joining
- Flexibility on remote work : when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Regular team team fun events (escape games, afterwork drinks...)The latest tech to hit the ground running
- Opportunity to work remote even after Covid
💪 Your profile
- 3+ years in logistics or operations; experience in the startup ecosystem is appreciated (or similarly fast-paced roles)
- Preferred: experience in supplier management
- You have natural team leadership skills, have managed a team before and know how to support and motivate others
- You have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning
- You can pragmatically solve problems independently, and communicate clearly options, trade-offs and implications
- You have proven success in process improvements, and you frequently suggest and initiate new ways of doing things, you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have an analytical mindset, and know how to use data to drive decisions
- You are perfectly fluent in English, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on with a strong work ethic
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are an excellent learner and desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Talent Acquisition
- Video interviews with the Head of Operations
- Case Study
- Video interview with the Head of UK
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.