Operations Graduate - Customer Care UK
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high-energy, results-driven, team-oriented graduate to join our rapidly-growing team in the Customer Care department of Operations to help us extend our success in the UK and keep our clients happy!
You will be responsible for being the key point of contact for our customers and therefore managing their precious requests & expectations during shipments.
👍 What your team will look like
Around 15 teammates within the Operations department in London, and you’ll report directly to one of our Customer Care Associates, in charge of the relationships with our main customers.
✏️ What you'll do
- Manage incoming customers’ requests, including handling quotes & use of our pricing algorithm
- Develop your own relationships with our customers and guarantee Convelio reactivity and top-class level of service
- Follow the customers’ shipments and proactively update them on the latest developments of their orders
- Communicate with the different logistics teams within Operations (first mile, last mile, customs…) to fix together thousands of differents issues every day.
- Suggest improvements in operational processes within the Operations team and see your ideas carried out in practice
- Work with the tech team on our current and future (very!) innovative platforms and products
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- The nicest and coolest international team spread across 3 offices globally (London, Paris and now NYC!)
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team
- Flexibility on remote work : when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Regular team buildings (escape games, afterwork drinks, Christmas/Summer parties...)
- 25 days of paid leave per year, on top of the 8 bank holidays
- 3% for your private pension scheme, from Day 1
- Health insurance, which kicks in 3 months after joining
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the London suburbs and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
💪 Your profile
- You are positive, curious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You are an excellent learner and have the desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You have an excellent academic background (min. 2:1 from top-tier university)
- You’ve shown in your studies that you get stuck into extra-curricular activities and can work well with others in a team (e.g. projects, societies, internships)
- You have great analytical skills and are comfortable working with numbers (you’ll need to be to assemble quotes for our customers!)
- You are detail-oriented, you have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning
- You are confident multi-tasking and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done
- You would enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are fluent in English, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’ve got some experience in working with customers and/or in a start-up environment
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the HR team
- Video interview with Customer Care team + Head of Operations
- Activity-based take-home task
- Video interviews with Head of UK
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.