Operations Analyst USA (full remote possible)
New York /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in turning an industry upside down? Are you excited by the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Team & What you’ll do
We are looking for high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Operations Analysts to join our fast growing US Operations Team! We’ve grown from 2 at the start of 2020 to about 10 today and are looking to continue this rapid growth! Our operations team consists of the following units:
You will be the key point of contact for our clients, answering their questions, guiding their expectations, and acting as their internal advocate during shipments.
First Mile / Last Mile
You will manage the beginning and end of our shipments, working with our local partners to ensure we beat our SLAs and stay within our budgets.
Freight & Customs
You will oversee a critical part of our shipments from point to point by working with our freight partners to ensure on time delivery and navigate tricky customs issues.
Across all of the operations team, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve. So all team members are encouraged to identify problems, present solutions, and collaborate to drive the company forward! This could mean that you will find a new way to present information to clients which reduces questions (and therefore emails!), clarifies expectations, and betters our overall service. Or it could mean that you will discover a key process, which will reduce our transit times enabling us to beat the competition.
💪 What we look for
- You have a first experience in either client engagement, operations, or logistics, ideally with a start-up.
- You have strong organizational skills and have a knack of prioritizing in ambiguous and fast-paced situations
- You have great analytical skills and are always looking for data-driven solutions
- Problems excite you and motivate you to find innovative solutions
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skillsYou are enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and hands-on with a strong work ethic
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
- You are a quick study, with a growth mindset, and enjoy adapting to new concepts and technologies
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- The nicest and coolest international team spread across 3 offices globally (London, Paris and now NYC!)
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Unlimited Remote work (even after Covid-19!)
- 17 days of PTO
- 10 Paid holidays
- Health insurance : up to 100% employer-paid medical in designated plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance program
- $3500 annual personal development budget
- The latest tech to hit the ground running
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with Talent Acquisition
- Video interview with General Manager of the US
- Case Study
- Video interview with Head of Operations in the US
- Video interview with someone within your prospective team
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.