Business Development Intern UK
Business Development /
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 70+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Business Development intern to join our rapidly growing Business Development Team!
This role involves organizing sales outbound campaigns, researching prospects, qualifying each new opportunity, and closing new clients, before sending it to an Account Executive. It is a fast-paced role that fits high energy and agile people who like challenges.
👍 What your team will look like
More than 55 people from all over the world to work with you. You will work inside the Business Development Team along with our talented SDRs, Sales Executives and Account Managers and report to our Head of Business Development.
This is a 6 months paid internship, start date in February or March 2021.
✏️ What you'll do
- Research relevant sales targets (verticals, customer segments, etc) and gather key lead information, while growing a deep understanding of the business and the conversion cycle of the leads.
- Make outbound prospecting campaigns (via multi-touch points: emails, calls, events, fairs) to identify relevant leads.
- Highlight Convelio’s value proposition to raise curiosity and interest, and organize demo and meetings.
- Document and analyze all daily activities to drive our sales conversion knowledge and processes efficiency.
- Work closely with the Business team to accelerate the sales cycle through initiatives and side-projects management.
🌍 What we offer
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market
- The nicest and coolest international team spread across 3 offices globally (London, Paris and now NYC!)
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes
- Improve your skills in Sales & Project Management
💪 Your profile
- You are enrolled in a business/engineering school or you are following business oriented studies
- You are fluent in French & English, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are positive, curious, self-motivated and hands-on
- You are an excellent learner and you have the desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You are detail-oriented, you have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the HR or Business Development team
- Video interviews with the Head of Business Development
- Video interview with our Head of HR
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
Wanna know more? Learn about Elisa’s experience as a Business Development intern at Convelio!
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!