Strategic Projects Team Lead
⭐️ Who are we?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 170+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well (since recently!), Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€9 million Series A funding in Jan. 2020) to seize the market opportunity.
Are you interested in transforming a traditional industry upside down? Are you looking for the challenge of building something new and being part of an international & innovative start-up?
🎩 Your Role
Our company is growing fast and we are tackling a growing number of fascinating projects each quarter. We know that dedicated teams can improve efficiency, time-management and quality of work. We are therefore building a Strategic Projects team and we are looking for a high energy, results-driven, team-oriented Strategic Projects Team Lead to offer top-notch project management support.
In this role, you will have the great challenge of driving forward our high priority projects, by organising work streams that need to be performed in order for the projects to be executed successfully. You’ll manage a team of Strategic Project Managers and work in hand with many department leaders and team members in different countries.
One of the most rewarding aspects of this job is the ability to drive impactful change in a fast-growing startup, as you’ll be part of a process that helps bring strategic projects to completion and supports the achievement of long-term goals.
This is a full time job based in France, start date asap.
👍 What your team will look like
- More than 170 people from all over the world to work with you!
- You will report to our Chief of Staff to the CEO and manage a team of 3 Strategic Project Managers.
✏️ What you'll do
- Collaborate with other department leaders and team members to define, prioritize, and develop strategic projects which have been prioritised at company-level
- Plan project management, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables.
- Oversee the development of each project and ensure that team members are carrying out their tasks efficiently while upholding the company's standards
- Improve new and pre-existing project management processes
- Accurately document each project's creation, development, and execution
- Ensure great communication on project updates and current status to Management Team and to the whole company
- Develop presentation deliverables related to projects and facilitate meetings related to projects
- Supervise, coach and mentor Project Managers inside the team to help them grow professionally
- Work hand in hand with the Executive Team on Special projects
🌍 What we offer
- Unlimited flexibility on remote work: when you want where you want (also after Covid-19!)
- Dedicated personal yearly learning budget and team support to grow both as a person and as a team.
- Work for an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company evolving within the Art market.
- Immersion in the startup ecosystem and an opportunity to work with a great team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets.
- A very dynamic and kind team spirit, where you will have all space and support to fulfill your potential.
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes.
- Improve your skills project management, analytics, team management...
- A great onboarding program to make sure you have everything you need to grow in your role
- Internal virtual and physical events & initiatives: afterwork drinks, remote or physical team buildings, private online art classes…
- Great Health insurance with Alan
- Meal vouchers
- A very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in : bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Chair, screen and IT equipment provided if you are located outside of the Île-de-France region and working fully remotely with no access to an office (outside Covid-19 situation)
- You have a minimum of 5 or 6 years experience in a project management, consulting or an Operations role.
- A first experience in managing a team is highly valued
- You have a very good understanding of the Microsoft Office software suite
- You are fluent in English, you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are positive, curious, self-motivated and hands-on
- Your leadership skills help bring together people and teams towards a common goal
- You are able to problem-solve any challenge with creativity and patience
- You are an excellent learner and you have the desire to adapt to new concepts and technologies
- You are detail-oriented, you have strong organizational skills and are disciplined in daily activity planning (ability to manage tightly, over time, a large quantity of information)
- You enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced, target-driven and team-oriented environment
📑 The Recruitment Process
- First phone call with someone from the HR team
- Video interviews with our Chief of Staff & Head of HR
- Case study with our VP of Operations
- Video interviews with our our co-founders
☀️ Above all, we are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and self-motivated team-mate, ready to take on initiatives and make an impact, be willing to grow with us in order to transform this market - and this might be the single most important skill we require ;).
📺 If you want to know more about Convelio, watch this video!
🚀Join us for a thrilling adventure!
🤝 Convelio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunities based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We are passionate about building an inclusive culture where diversity is celebrated and leveraged to create better design and business decisions.